Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Edgewater , Colorado
AC unit not really getting the trailer that cool?

Hello, I have recently purchased a gutted trailer and am beginning the custom process. I have the AC unit able to run off the thermostat but it doesn't seem to get that cold. Does anyone have any insight into how I might go about checking to make sure it is running at its best?
shawng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Remove the ac inside cover and filters. While running on high, use a thermometer to check the temp of the air going in and the air coming out of the ac unit. If the air is 18 degrees F or more cooler coming out, it is at it's best. If it is less than that, it needs service.
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Hey Shawn are you in TX ? if so did you stop at Prcan Park? and if you did it was I who talked to you about your trailer.