Originally Posted by jfreeham
I'm wondering if the cost-benefit analysis would suggest a acquiring a Caravel
Maybe the A/C noise is part of the old school charm..
Since very few buyers thoughtfully consider anything beyond “Is it blowing cold air?”, I suspect A-S uses the lower price point to get people hooked. And some people can sleep through anything.
I totally agree about the pleasure of hearing the night sounds with a cool breeze coming through the window screen. Our problem is that our fellow Floridians like to camp cracker style:
- Build a smokey fire even in 90 F weather to cook over.
- Build a smokey fire to chase away the mosquitoes.
- Build a smokey fire for the exercise of dodging the smoke.
- Build a smokey fire because they have to buy poorly seasoned wood in big chunks from the camp host, and aren’t allowed to gather kindling.
- Build a smokey fire because that’s what camping is about! “What, somebody chose to settle in 15’ downwind?”
So, you can see that our A/C gets way more use than I care for.
I hope you get to enjoy many open air nights!