Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #1

1975 31' Sovereign
Duncan , British Columbia
75’ SovereignHeat Duct Size?

Hey All,

I am renovating a 75’ Sovereign for a friend and I’m about to build a custom bed in the back on the passenger side. The wall was pulled apart behind the bathroom by the previous owner as they were planning to run hot/cold water out the back of the unit for an outdoor shower. They also did a big bathroom tile Reno which is kind of a pain ultimately.

Back to my point, when I was about to close this wall up I saw two things. 1. that on top of the hot water heater there is a furnace duct that’s just open on the end. I’m not sure if the owner was planning to cap this or just never use the furnace as they have a wood stove installed. 2. Water on the floor underneath the hot water heater...

I’m wondering where I can find ducting parts for an airstream because they don’t seem to be any of the standard sizes that houses use. My best estimate was that it’s 3”X12”? Any leads there would be helpful.

I’m guessing a water line must have burst when we had a cold snap down to -10C for a week or two last month. What a pain in the ass as there is almost no access to the plumbing because of the crazy shower tile Reno they did. That should be interesting to figure out...

The lady think I’ll mention is that the duct seemed to be wrapped in a paper like substance.

Thanks in advance for any insight into how I’m going to deal with this.

Best,

VanIsle
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign