Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

BRIGHTON , Michigan
2019 23FB No Heat

Traveling through south west Texas and ran into some very cold temps. Furnace worked fine for several nights then quit working. The blower will come on for about 20 seconds then turn off. The Burner apparently is not getting lit (no sound of relay cycling or electronic ignition firing). Propane to the stove works fine. Any ideas?
juliesAS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Our 2019 23 FB had same problem. JC replaced the sail switch 2 weeks ago and now it works.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
The furnace control board has a diagnostic led that flashes to indicate why it is locked out. there is also a reset switch to clear a temporary fault. Get the manual and the troubleshooting guide for your furnace, read the code, rest it, try again. If you get the same code multiple times, follow the guide as to what to repair/replace.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliesAS22 View Post
Traveling through south west Texas and ran into some very cold temps. Furnace worked fine for several nights then quit working. The blower will come on for about 20 seconds then turn off. The Burner apparently is not getting lit (no sound of relay cycling or electronic ignition firing). Propane to the stove works fine. Any ideas?
Hi juliesAS22,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having with your Nest. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 01-28-2020, 05:32 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
East Ridge , TN
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a 2020 FC that is doing the same thing and it is cold.
mrbooshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:46 PM   #6
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbooshay View Post
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a 2020 FC that is doing the same thing and it is cold.
Hi mrbooshay,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 01-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
All y'all are checking to make sure you have LP in the tanks, right? Not just assuming you have LP, but checking and making sure the tanks have gas, and are turned on?
Old 02-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

BRIGHTON , Michigan
Made appt for service

Pulled out my owners manual attempting to troubleshoot. Furnace needs to be removed from exterior. To reinstall requires sealing it up and I have nothing with me to do that. We went out and bought a small ceramic heater (750 to 1500 Watt - I do not turn it all the way up to the hottest setting to avoid electrical problems). Made an appt for service at an upcoming stop.
juliesAS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #9

2020 28' International
Aiken , South Carolina
I had the same thing happen on my 2020 IS 28. Since I used to troubleshoot problems for a living, this one turned out to be an easy one for me. Indications were that the blower would come on but there was no 'pop' of the flame lighting. The fix was to replace the airflow paddle switch on the blower. It tells the system that there is airflow before allowing the propane and ignitor to sequence. The switch is mounted on the outside of the blower motor with 2 screws and has a paddle that goes inside the blower housing. When the air blows, the paddle pushes the switch to on (its a momentary on switch).
I verified that this was the problem by flipping the outside power switch to off, going inside and setting the furnace to on at a temp I knew it would come on, going back outside and flipping the power switch to Reset and shorting out the airflow switch after the blower came on (2 blue wire connections on the switch).

I contacted my Service Center and had them order me a new switch under warranty.

Disclaimer - The fix I described worked for my furnace failure to ignite and may not be the same fix for the same symptom others may have. Also, if your unit is still under warranty, contact your service center to make sure you can do the work and still be under warranty.

Hope this helps,
Dale
DaleW2 is offline   Reply With Quote