Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2022, 09:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Magnolia , Texas
2018 Classic "Alde"?

Alright guys, need some direction. Dealer I purchased this from in March had the unit for 4 months and has been unable to repair it. Not going into that experience for those of you who may be able to relate.

2018 30rb Classic, the front AC is unable to cool the zone to less than 78'. I paid to have the AC's serviced (coils cleaned and reportedly checked temp at the coils was 53'). Any recommendations? Regardless of the outside temperature the unit cannot get to less than 78'. Could this be a design issue that the front zone is too large for the unit? I did notice that the heat pump in the rear zone seems as if it wants to activate with the slightest change in temperature panel reading. Don't know a thing about the Alde system and how it might be impacting the AC.
Thanks for your help.

2018 30' Classic
2021 F350 - Just in Case
Dixie the terrorist terrier
rlbanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #2
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Wow. I would start by getting the owners manual out and read up on the AC units and Alde. Alde has nothing to do with the AC. That being said, if you have the Alde set on say 78° and in the “Heat” mode it will heat the coach to 78° regardless of what the AC is trying to do. Another words one is trying to cool ( your AC) and one is trying to heat (your Alde). I assume you have the Firefly control system to control all your systems. Make sure the Alde isn’t in the “heat” mode or the temperature setting is above what you have the AC set to. Another thing I have found is if you have both AC units set to “auto” (front and back ACs) they will battle each other as one cools to the set point you set and the other tries to heat to that point. Best to place both units into “cool” mode and not use the “auto” mode as the battle each other. There will be slight temperature differences in front to back of coach. In mine the back usually cools better so I set the front to say 70° and the back unit to 72° to get a consistent temperature through the coach. Hope this helps and good luck.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Magnolia , Texas
Thanks for the input, the Alde heating system is set to 43 degrees so I think that is covered. By trial and error setting both units to Cooling to cool and auto on the fan control appears to be helping with the competition between the units.
There was no information provided for the Firefly controls. That is my next chore.
2018 Classic RBQ
rlbanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
If you call the Firefly folks they are very helpful and I am sure can provide you with the operators manual and also tell you if you have the latest update on your Firefly system. Best of luck.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote