Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Austin , Texas
1 wire on a new NT30SP not connected is this correct?

Got my new replacement NT 30SP from Forest River.

I noticed in the back of the unit there are 2 wires. 1 connected and 1 that is not. Checking to see what this other wire is to and if it's supposed to be connected or is some diagnostics wire. I will obviously contact Suburban on Monday, but at present troubleshooting an issue where my ignitor won't fire today. This is a question if someone has seen this disconnected wire on theirs and knows it's purpose, or could it be a potential cause.

Here's what I do know (for the wire)
I don't see a place within the reach of the wire for a connect tab.
If this is a broken tab, the tab is not in the terminal. I don't easily see a place where the broken tab could be.

The general issue I'm having is the same as the old Nt 22 furnace where,
1st click blower engages and runs for few seconds.
No 2nd for the gas value and no followup one for the ignitor. I expect no ignition is there is no gas flow.
My old NT22 did the same thing and I decided to scrap it after breaking the sail switch.
Could be a low on propane situation or gas flow issue. Will check into that today.

Will keep investigating and have been looking over previous posts and external articles.

If someone knows of this wire, let me know.
Alt
Thealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Austin , Texas
Well, So i'm a liar or just blind. That loose wire bugged the heck out of me. (it was the brown one for those interested. It does belong connected. It goes to the top tab on the relay. Couldn't see it since the tab was bent backwards. I could get to it from the exhaust port (haven't installed that yet). Once connected I got a face full of hot air.
Forgot to unhook the truck power so the heater came on.
Anyway, it works fine now. Hot air to spare...... from the furnace that is. not me.

Alt
Thealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Congrats on an easy fix. And quick too! Good thing that Airstreams don't wear out.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Talent , Oregon
congrats on the find / fix. when you purchased your new NT30SP, did you have any issues with the lack of a plennum under the unit?? I am. ports do not line up and no way to reconnect the rectangular ducts. what was your experience??

thanks
Della is offline   Reply With Quote