Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #1

2010 16' International
Savoy , Illinois
Stove won't stay lit

My Dometic Princess range top stove on my 2010 International will not stay lit, or will not light at all. There is an automatic ignition and I can see the spark. Sometimes it will light and be on like normally, but will go out after a few minutes. Or, it won't light at all. If I keep the knob pressed, the ignition will click and it will stay lit, but goes out when I release it. I need help.
ILBambi2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #2

2013 Interstate Coach
Rock Hall , Maryland
Lightbulb Oven won't stay lit

We've been having this problem off and on but we've been able to kludge it until today. We did a fix that worked. We removed the burner lid (two screws). Then we blew out the tiny whole where the gas comes out and poked it with a very thin needle. Voila! All three burners now work.
LillianKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Maybe it’s as simple as this...if the little round grey thing that perches directly above the flame and just below the cooktop grate (flame distributor?) is unseated, or slightly out of place, the stove will behave as you describe. Double check that everything is seated properly.
SeanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2011 16' Sport
Berkeley , California
Same exact problem here. Don't know if I have the same brand. It is a 2 burner in a 16' Bambi. Usually neither burner will ignite with the push button clicker even though the spark is clearly there. I have to use a lighter. Almost always. The left burner stays lit. The right almost always goes out even if it does stay lit for a few seconds. I was thinking the little thermocouple thingy, but it is clearly right IN the flame. Then I was thinking maybe the valve.

Will definitely check the above.
tunnelboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stove