Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
GJP
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Wichita , Kansas
Stand alone range hood

I would like to leave out the upper lockers over the curbside galley in my Caravel -I am tall, and would like to open up the space. Wondering if anyone has seen any good ideas for a stand alone range hood? I've seen photos of David Winick's Caravel and the ehaust he used......very cool....I've built a number of restuarants over the years and know I could have a miniature stainless hood custom built, but that would be a pretty costly endeavor- as much as a custom built full sized hood!
GJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Try going the custom way via the cheap road. Fabricate one that you like out of cardboard 1st. Use it as a template to cut it out of sheet aluminum. Find a local roofer who has a brake.(device for bending sheet metal). It only makes straight bends so plan for this in the cardboard mockup. Pop rivet your new hood together & install. Don't forget the photos. Be the 1st one on the Airforums block to do this & be the envy of us all.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote