Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
RecPro ranges

Does anybody have experience with RecPro ranges? I hate our Dometic/Atwood with no oven window and having to crawl on the floor to light it. It’s especially fun carefully reaching to the very back of the oven to relight the pilot if you turn it off, but then need it on again while it’s still hot.
I was looking at the Furrion range Airstream is now using and it looks nice, but I also came across this RecPro model that looks similar to the Furrion.
https://www.recpro.com/rv-stove-gas-...yABEgJ01vD_BwE
It’s much cheaper at $460, but I have no idea if it’s any good.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1968 28' Ambassador
Portland , Oregon
Recpro appliances any good?

Hi! I'm wondering if you ever got that Recpro stove and if you have a definite opinion of it after using it for a while? I'm looking into getting one for the same reason, Dometic/Furrion is an expensive option and not great design IMO. If you didn't, go Recpro, then what did you choose?

I also see that they make AC units. Does anybody have any experience with one of those (sorry to get off topic, just curious)?

Thanks!
zen_stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
No, not yet. We’re home in Alaska for the summer and the Airstream is stored 3500 miles away right now. We plan to get back to it this fall, then I just need to figure out the logistics of getting the range shipped to me somewhere on the road.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Buford , Georgia
Just bought one but have not installed it from recpro, if you sign up you can get 5% off. I think mine came to about $430 out the door, got the black one. These are made by Greystone, seem good quality but have not had a chance to install it. If you want me to upload some pictures I can, let me know.
John
strangepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1968 28' Ambassador
Portland , Oregon
We already pulled the trigger and ordered one. One thing I didn't consider is that it looks like this needs a 12v hookup. Is that just for the lights and igniters? Can this work on only propane alone? Like, if I'm boondocking and run out of power, I want to make sure I can still use the propane stove. Hope I didn't make a bad decision here.
zen_stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Buford , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_stream View Post
We already pulled the trigger and ordered one. One thing I didn't consider is that it looks like this needs a 12v hookup. Is that just for the lights and igniters? Can this work on only propane alone? Like, if I'm boondocking and run out of power, I want to make sure I can still use the propane stove. Hope I didn't make a bad decision here.
Yes, the 12V is just for the back lighting of the knobs and the oven light(cool idea). It does not affect the igniter or anything else.

John
Old 09-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Lincoln University , Pennsylvania
We ordered one, but don't have it installed yet.

It was subject to some shipping damage - the aft right corner top was bent / dented. I called on Friday evening. Sent pics. Tuesday I got a shipping confirmation of replacement parts (I said I was fine replacing parts as opposed to the pain of shipping it back and forth.) Great, friendly customer service.

Decent looking unit as well - we went stainless.

Now to get the rest of the trailer finished so we can use it! www.strutairstream.com - my wife's blog on our Airstream.
andymeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:51 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Buford , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymeyer View Post
We ordered one, but don't have it installed yet.

It was subject to some shipping damage - the aft right corner top was bent / dented. I called on Friday evening. Sent pics. Tuesday I got a shipping confirmation of replacement parts (I said I was fine replacing parts as opposed to the pain of shipping it back and forth.) Great, friendly customer service.

Decent looking unit as well - we went stainless.

Now to get the rest of the trailer finished so we can use it! www.strutairstream.com - my wife's blog on our Airstream.
Understand about it being damaged in shipping. When I got mine I saw the driver 'tumbling' in onto my front porch (via camera) and I am thinking 'ok, what just got broke' but much to my surprised it was ok. Hope your's works out good, we will find out soon..

John
Old 06-23-2023, 01:53 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Chicago , Illinois
We bought the RecPro range top to replace the old one in our 2008 25 FB. Can anyone advise us about wiring up the knobs?
silverslppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 06:23 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Tigard , Oregon
Any updates from anyone on how they like their RecPro?
2015 Silverado 2500 HD
JDN_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
JDN 31 I wish I could help you but.....mine just arrived today! My trailer is out in storage, it is getting cold and the leaves are out of the trees and in the streets. Our city sends out "crews" to pick them up so I don't want my Airstream parked anywhere near this activity. I will install it early this spring.

I have been getting some good advice from Silverslppr and plenty to think about. The only thing I have heard from people who are using one of these is the oven isn't as hot as the dial says. I am planning on using one of those oven thermometers to check this out.
It looks great on my garage floor though and my wife is excited. I also heard that there have been a few accidents in shipping that the company stood behind and made right. Mine came packed in a box within a box. It was kind of like one of those Russian nesting doll kinds of thing. Packing, packing and more packing. Now if I can just get it into the trailer without breaking anything I will be happy.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:08 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
I have just ordered the 21" Rec Pro range. Hoping it is an easy conversion from the Dometic. Is it "plug and play" when hooking up the existing propane line to the new one? Also some say it is the same as a Furrion or Greystone, but less expensive.

Looking at other's instructions, it basically is just unscrewing some screws and pulling it out? Sure hope so!
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote