Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #1

2000 25' Safari
Ontario , Oregon
Magic Chef stove top grate

We just bought a 2008 27 ft FB Classic with a 3 burner Magic Chef stove. The top grate is a very poor design. If one is not careful to place the coffee pot in just the right spot, it can easily tip over and spill. We have not had a pot of boiling coffee go over yet, but have been lucky a couple times. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue? Is anyone aware of an after market manufacturer making a replacement with a better design? Maytag offered no help at all?
blackpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
I'm not sure of the grate that you have. I'm thinking of replacing my oven with just a cooktop. Could you post a photo so I know what to avoid? Thanks.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote