Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #1

1969 27' Overlander
prescott , Arizona
Magic Chef Oven Thermostat

i am searching for a thermostat for a magic chef wall oven that is in my 27' 1969 airstream travel trailer. I cannot find a model number on this item, but am quite certain it is the original oven that came with the unit. Any direction you can offer would be most helpful.
retrocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Hi, Do you have the oven out of the trailer ? If you do, the thermostat is probably stamped in ink someplace with a part number. It is most likely made by Harper Wyman or Robertshaw. I'm not sure where they placed the plate with the model info, on the ovens. Maybe its on the backside ?

Are you sure it is the thermostat that is bad ? The reason I ask is there are other components that are linked to the thermostat that also fail. For example, the safety valve on my old oven was bad. 90$ for a used one, 150$+ for a new one that has to be modified to fit the older ovens. I also had to replace my thermostat, it cost 45$ used. I'm not even sure if I could get a new one.

In anycase the oven is goin to have to be taken apart to some degree to repair.

Do you use the oven much ? If you do, you might consider getting a new one or holding out for a good used one.

Maybe someone that has worked on a wall oven will chime in here. I just worked on the one in my range.

Good Luck
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote