Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #1

Magic Chef Oven For Sale

Perfect Condition, totally clean, works like a charm...but we took it out in our re-do. Exterior is turquoise, no marks or dents. It measures 24 x 28.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oven_front.gif
Views:	325
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	3294  
later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Oroville , California
I would be very interested in installing this in my land yacht.
Where are you located, and how could it be shipped?
Laurel
veraloe@gotsky.com
rollin home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin' home View Post
I would be very interested in installing this in my land yacht.
Where are you located, and how could it be shipped?
Laurel
I think after 5 years, that oven has already been sold or tossed in a landfill.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hey Terry, speaking of ovens, I love the one you installed in Goliath. I've already baked in it with fabulous results.

Do you know what model it was that it came out of? I know you had temperature issues with the original.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Hey Terry, speaking of ovens, I love the one you installed in Goliath. I've already baked in it with fabulous results.

Do you know what model it was that it came out of? I know you had temperature issues with the original.
It came out of a '66 Safari. The Safari has gone all over the Western hemisphere, at least as far South as Venezuela. The original owner still had the paperwork for some repairs that were performed there. So at least a portion of Goliath has been very, very far from home. The Safari itself is still on the road, and owned by some people in Virginia.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
It came out of a '66 Safari. The Safari has gone all over the Western hemisphere, at least as far South as Venezuela. The original owner still had the paperwork for some repairs that were performed there. So at least a portion of Goliath has been very, very far from home. The Safari itself is still on the road, and owned by some people in Virginia.
Cool, thanks for the history. It's really a good fit in the cabinet opening as well. There was some rust on the surface and in the burner wells, I've scraped a lot of that off and it's a bit shinier, but eventually I'll consider chroming or powder-coating or applying some other durable coating. I have no desire to buy a new one, when this one works so well, AND has such a cool background.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Cool, thanks for the history. It's really a good fit in the cabinet opening as well. There was some rust on the surface and in the burner wells, I've scraped a lot of that off and it's a bit shinier, but eventually I'll consider chroming or powder-coating or applying some other durable coating. I have no desire to buy a new one, when this one works so well, AND has such a cool background.
Marcus, if you want the pilot for the stove to work, you can lift the cover (the shelf where the burner wells sit), and adjust the gas feed for it so the pilot will light. I turned it off because I didn't want to waste the LP, plus the little flame can make that cover almost uncomfortably warm, especially in Summer.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Thanks, that makes sense. And I agree, really no need to have that pilot light lit in most cases.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Oroville , California
oh! it looked identical to one in e-bay rececently...didn't check the date!!
maybe another will turn up....laurel
rollin home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin' home View Post
oh! it looked identical to one in e-bay rececently...didn't check the date!!
maybe another will turn up....laurel
I remember seeing one in the forums classified here a couple of weeks ago, in the "parts for sale" section. Maybe it's still there, just follow the "classifieds" link at the top of this page.