Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #1

Coos Bay , OR
Help identifying a range please

I have a range I've gotten from a salvage, as my trailer didn't have one when I got it, I'm looking for the model number but the stickers are all gone and there was a good amount of surface rust.

I've searched high and low and couldn't find anything concrete. I was hoping someone on here might be able to help find the model number of this.
Fentix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
DRJJL

1985 31' Sovereign
Poway , California
Hi This is a magic chef. I have one from 1985 that has “continuous grates” on top (they simply added a couple more holes to the ss to accept coated steel grates) and a black glass front oven door. I purchased a ss one from a 70’s airstream for $100 but ss was rusty enough that I had a new piece of steel cut then oven door powder coated in almond and purchased an almond stove top from eBay. The handle on the two are nearly identical to yours but that on the 70’s range was broken. Purchased a new handle I like better from eBay that’s why new steel front to accept new handle.

If when you tryout your range there are issues you can look on forums and get another for parts.

I wouldn’t want the glass oven door as it’s too heavy for the hinges, which they apparently didn’t upgrade to handle the weight at the time.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:16 AM   #3
DRJJL

1985 31' Sovereign
Poway , California
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8378.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	399521