Originally Posted by Gary W
I have the same complaint with the same Dometic 3-burner range in our 2019 Globetrotter.
Looking on E-Trailer, I don't find the same grate you found. Can you be more specific on what model Furrion range it came from? I'll double check dimensions before ordering.
Does your new grate slide or move any during travel?
Thanks for the super modification find. I feel the range is safety hazard with the Dometic factory mini-grates.
1) we have the Dometic model CU423 3-burner stovetop only (not the stovetop/range combo)
2) the e-trailer part number for the Furrion grate set we purchased is CFSRE21SA002 (see attached photo)
3) the grates fit very snugly in place on top of the stovetop which is inset mounted between the sides of the countertop on both sides
4) installation was super easy, just had to remove three screws on one side that secure the stovetop's to the counter topping, slide the grates in place and re-install the screws. Done, all of a 5-min. install.
5) after doing this, I came to the realization that the grates can actually be slid in & out without need to remove the screws BUT doing so will serve to scratch the top side edge surfaces of the stainless stovetop.
6) to defeat such (scratching) I plan to put down some 1/2" wide strips of 3M heat resistant metal foil tape and install small 3/16'ths id rubber or plastic tips on the "tangs" which are located on the underside of the grates (2 on each side). These should protect the stovetop from any scratches or indentations.
7) as well, I ordered some 1/4" nickel plated panel plugs from McMaster Carr which snap in and work perfectly to plug the holes of which the former Dometic pan supports plugged into. (photo is also attached)
8) as you will see in the attached photos, I ended up having to purchase a pkg. of 50 of the 1/4" nickel panel plugs so if you find yourself needing some (12), just send me a PM with your name and address and I'll mail you a set for free (I will never need all of the remaining 38 I have leftover but will keep an additional set in the event I want or need to replace any of them in the future).
9) no worries about slippage, the grates aren't going to move without human assistance. They fit flush and are as near to a perfect fit one could ask for (with exception of the burners as the tangs do not line up completely with the burners themselves (as can also be seen in the photos) but still well enough that cooking on them will not be any issue). No more pot slippage!
10) Even though they are not made by Dometic, they fit and are far better than the cheaper portable style camping stove pot supports Dometic still uses.
Finally, please do not rely solely upon my comments, feedback and take your own measurements to ensure the grates will work for you and your stove.