Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Montrose , Colorado
I have to agree with Jammer, we like our oven and would not have any use for a microwave, because we boondock almost all of the time. And the oven is not lost storage space, it is a great place to put bread, cereal, and other food items while on the road.
48Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
College Station , Texas
After reading all these thoughtful replies I’m starting to think maybe I do need an oven. I tend to grill when I have a chance but all the talk about brownies and cinnamon rolls has got me craving baked goods.
uncledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
After reading all these thoughtful replies I’m starting to think maybe I do need an oven. I tend to grill when I have a chance but all the talk about brownies and cinnamon rolls has got me craving baked goods.
After you've made cookies or brownies or a pie in that oven you'll make that part of every trip! And... when you don't have electricity (which for us, is more often than not these days) you will have something besides the stove top to use for cooking. We often make a meals ahead of time, freeze them and then use the oven to heat them up while camping...works great...and those frozen goodies help keep the fridge cold while they are thawing out, too!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
My wife is a "baker".We have the convection/microwave and missed the old style oven, but OMGosh, this was the best forced issue we ever undertook. Love it and worth every penny.

My opinion.
Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #25
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I use my oven frequently. I carry Costco quantity disposable baking pans and can whip up something on a moment's notice. Toss in a meat dish, toss in baking potatoes and you're half there. It has proved useful as backup to bbq when the regulator failed. It is a redundancy during electrical failure. One of the hits of my last trip was a couple tins of homemade cornbread baked in the oven.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote