Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yukon , Oklahoma
Check your Amana Oven!

There was an earlier post in reference to a problem with a 2004 Amana oven. It appears that several of us have had the same problem. The gas line running to the thermocouple/pilot light has sheared in two at the connection inside. When you go to light your oven, you will experience flames shooting out of the oven into the interior of the trailer.

There was a number provided in that thread for Amana:

1-800-545-9086 - press 5 for RV sales and service.

Amana stated they are not aware of any problems. If you have had this occur, please call them and report this - make sure they notify or transfer you to the Safety Office. My model number (2003 Safari) is the same as Silvertwinkie's - ALY2280ADB. They are sending a local service out at their expense to inspect my oven next week.

I almost got fried when I discovered mine. Fortunately, no injury or damage to the trailer - just a change of clothes (if you know what I mean!)
ScottMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2024 28' Flying Cloud
2004 25' Safari
Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMac View Post
There was an earlier post in reference to a problem with a 2004 Amana oven. It appears that several of us have had the same problem. The gas line running to the thermocouple/pilot light has sheared in two at the connection inside. When you go to light your oven, you will experience flames shooting out of the oven into the interior of the trailer.

There was a number provided in that thread for Amana:

1-800-545-9086 - press 5 for RV sales and service.

Amana stated they are not aware of any problems. If you have had this occur, please call them and report this - make sure they notify or transfer you to the Safety Office. My model number (2003 Safari) is the same as Silvertwinkie's - ALY2280ADB. They are sending a local service out at their expense to inspect my oven next week.

I almost got fried when I discovered mine. Fortunately, no injury or damage to the trailer - just a change of clothes (if you know what I mean!)
happened to me last year. 2004 Safari bought last year. Oven looked like it was never used. When I lit the pilot flames came out. Had planed on replacing, found this post and spotted the broken line. Do those iittle ovens work well when in proper order. Will repair. was thinking about dometic 1735 bss if anyone can give me review. I was a hit at the pool with my new hairless bod.
FLY28 is offline   Reply With Quote