Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
1977 29' Ambassador Air Stream...Help

I purchased the unit back in November and this past week end went camping.
Wanted to see how user friendly the unit was and to see if anything was wrong.
I have found a couple of things and wanted to see if anyone had run into these problems before.

Problem #1 This unit has a NT30M heating unit in it and after the unit comes on and reaches the temp. that the thermostat is set for this is what happens.
Burner is extinguished, the fan will continue to run for about 10 seconds and then cuts off, then cuts off and on for about 60 seconds. Later when the thermostat calls for heat again the unit goes through the same routine. I have read several explanations about the trouble but I thought that the Fan Switch determined how long for the blower to work after the main burner cut off to cool down the unit and purge all gas from the combustion chamber. Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Problem #2.. One of the top burner valves will not shut off on the magic Chef BT22cs. Have to keep the gas off to the stove . BT22Cs is all that I can read of the model no of the magic Chef stove. Does anyone have a 1977 Land Yacht Series "Ambassador" with a 4 burner cook top that can still read the entire model No.and if so I sure would appreciate it and where you can buy parts for these.
Thanks
katman104

By the way the camping trip was good even with these problems.
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Is yours the 4 burner stove top with oven? If so it is the same Magic Chef unit that was what was in my 1976 Sovereign. I took this unit out and replaced it with just a 3 burner stove top and no oven. The old unit is still sitting in the storage area where my trailer is. I am picking up the trailer tomorrow and may be able to remove one or all of the burner valves for you. They worked when I took it out about 6 years ago. let me know

Don
1976 31' sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Adonh
Thanks for the reply, yes it is the 4 burner stove top with oven. Yes I would love to have the valves and the manifold they are mounted in. Let me know what price you would want for these. Thanks again
katman104
Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
I will be back from storage later tomorrow so let me see what I have there since I have not looked at this for some time. What ever I can salvage the stove is yours at no cost, just the shipping charges.

Don
Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
I found all four of the actual burners here at my house. These are the aluminum tubes and burners. I am interested in seeing what I have at storage. I know I have already donated some parts from the stove but I don't think I did anything with the gas valves and manifold.

I always enjoy bringing the Airstream home for a little bonding and the weather forecast is great this weekend in the Houston area so we are going over to Rayford Crossing RV in Spring, TX on Friday and staying through Monday. Beautiful spring weather, an Airstream and a beautiful RV park, what more could you ask for.

Don
Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Don,
Thanks and will wait until I hear from you.
Felix
Old 03-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Felix, here are pictures of the 4 burner valves, manifold and the aluminum burners. As you see in the 2nd picture the pilot light tube that connected to the left side of the manifold where the red circle is shown is not included. I had donated that to someone a while back. I do not have the knobs. This all worked when I took it out a few years back. If this is what you need just PM me with your address and I will get this in the mail tomorrow if I can

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MC-valve1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	97863   Click image for larger version

Name:	MC-valve2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	97864  

Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Don,
Installed two valves using the one you sent me and the cook top seems to be in good working order. I am running a test for today to make sure that there are no more leaks.
Thanks again for the parts and thanks to all the members of this great forum.
katman104
Old 06-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #9

1977 29' Ambassador
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Felix, here are pictures of the 4 burner valves, manifold and the aluminum burners. As you see in the 2nd picture the pilot light tube that connected to the left side of the manifold where the red circle is shown is not included. I had donated that to someone a while back. I do not have the knobs. This all worked when I took it out a few years back. If this is what you need just PM me with your address and I will get this in the mail tomorrow if I can

Don
Don,

I know it has been 7 years since you sent parts from your old stove to Katman104, but I was wondering if you still had the stove top? I know it's a long shot, but you never know unless you ask, right?!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote