Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Windows

As Far as I know all of the windows in my Argosy are glass. But the guy to ask would be Andy at Inland RV.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Windex has nothing abrasive in it so you won't scratch anything using it. If you use Windex and paper towels and get scratches, they are from the paper towels. It's easy to scratch plastic with paper towels, especially the ones for drying you hands. To clean plastic windows, you should really use soft, clean, cloths.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Hi George, going back to the frig I did not see it mentioned. TIP: you must keep the trailer level in all directions when using the frig due to the ammonia can crystallize and cause a blockage in the line if it is not kept level. Going do the road is not an issue because you are moving and vibrating. But I have been told to keep it level even when going into a diner for a meal. This is a very basic explanation and I have been known to get lazy and not get it 100% level but it is always close.

As far as the windows if you have a little herculite logo in the corner, it is glass. Some people put in Plexiglas, which has no logo, if they break one and go the cheap route. If you see a logo wipe to your heart is content. I did scratch mine in a spot because of a polishing pad after stripping the paint off the Argosy and polished her.
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Question - OLD refrigerator IN A 1975 ARGOSY , HOW DO YOU LIGHT THE REFRIGERATOR WHEN SWITCHED TO PROPANE /WERE???? DOES ANY ONE KNOW
THANK YOU
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
We keep the trailer plugged into the house when we're not on the road. Our Dometic automatically switches over to 120V when we have shore power. I tend to keep a 12 pack of Newcastle Brown Ale in there for "Emergency Lawn Mowing Refreshment"...

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
There should be a push-button at the bottom of the fridge control panel that when you push it strikes flint and creates a spark to light when on gas. There is a viewing hole to see the blue flame when the gas actually lights. I do remember one time taking a propane "fire starter" and putting it near the ignition point to light it that way. That involved removing the outside panel and lighting from the backside, a procedure probably not recommended.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
There should be a push-button at the bottom of the fridge control panel that when you push it strikes flint and creates a spark to light when on gas. There is a viewing hole to see the blue flame when the gas actually lights. I do remember one time taking a propane "fire starter" and putting it near the ignition point to light it that way. That involved removing the outside panel and lighting from the backside, a procedure probably not recommended.
That ignitor didn't work on our old fridge, I had to manually light it from the back. It was a bit of a pain in the posterior when it was raining!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
California , Kentucky
test propane

Is it OK to test a Dometic fridge by attaching a grill regulator and line?I hope I am addressing the correct thread affect?RR
RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
How to lite the fridge.

Gosman. I gave you a detailed explaination of how to light the fridge. Each of these posts are numbered in the upper right hand corner. Look at #18.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote