Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
How dare you tell such an outrageous story about our sainted mother?! OMG, I'd forgotten this particular one. I was sure you were going to tell the one about the bully who thought he could get away with pushing ME around. The wrath of Ford fell on him too...I love my sister, she's awesome!
prudencepb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudencepb View Post
How dare you tell such an outrageous story about our sainted mother?! OMG, I'd forgotten this particular one. I was sure you were going to tell the one about the bully who thought he could get away with pushing ME around. The wrath of Ford fell on him too...I love my sister, she's awesome!
Karen you were in the nursery - a separate room - and perhaps less than 2 years old. I remember dad, Bill and I hopelessly trying to keep up with mother as she "power walked" home that day. Dad was carrying you and trying to keep us moving at double time too.

It was the early 60's when you were about 7 and K.P. bullied you. Mom was never "cool" but she was out in the world working. The sarcasm with which she uttered the classic "Yes, lets DO call the police and tell them how my twelve year old daughter beat up your fourteen year old son!" will live on in legend.

It took me too long to learn other negotiating skills. I really believe that you should teach children how to talk their way out, joke their way out, reason and compromise and respect... and run away if you can. K.P. never came looking for another shot at me, but what if he had? Or worse yet, what if he'd come after you? (Well I think he sensed that I might just nail his ............ to a tree and then set the tree on fire... but still looking back it was a risky thing to smack him around in front of his friends.)

P
Old 05-06-2014, 03:36 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
Maybe, but you're still an awesome sister...SO THERE!
prudencepb is offline   Reply With Quote