Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
San Juan Capistrano , California
New(-ish) fridge n/w on AC (Hi So Cal friends!)

I was just reviewing and printing the messages about fridge problems and noticed a lot of So Cal forum members, ... so "hi" from San Juan Capistrano!

Our 2006 22' Safari is at the edge of the desert, at least 2-3 hrs away, so I want to collect my tools and parts before my trip out to debug my trailer. The fridge stopped working on AC power yesterday. After we realized it (too late for the food) we switched to gas and it's OK. At least we saved the beer! I"m trying to make a list of things to check. This is what I have so far:
  • GFI breaker - I didn't notice it tripped, but I guess I should have flipped it anyway. According to the owner's manual drawing # 952685 there are only a few lights plus fridge on that cct so we could have missed the obvious. It was 110F that day so we had other things on our mind ;-)
  • The 3A and 5A fuses in the rear control panel. I checked them visually but didn't have a continuity checker. Will take one and some fuses next time. The front panel seems to work OK. Panel shows everything is OK on AC but no cooling. Switching to gas works. Have learned that panel runs off of 12v. Don't know if freezer was working. Dumb.
  • Somebody mentioned a CB4. What's that??
  • I need to check the heating element "Trace the wires to the control
    board, remove both of them and do an ohms check. You should get between 40-90 ohms, depending on the model.
    " I guess I'll need a schematic of sorts to find that.
  • Something about the door not turning off the light, hence the heat-up.
I'll post new things to check as I read about them. If you folks have any clarifications or comments, pleased add!!

GB
grantb4 is offline   Reply With Quote