Originally Posted by sequoiacoast
It seems there should be an impregnable "exhaust" directly vented to the outside (like the furnace). Was mine lacking or is everyones like that - Or is is an old and inadequate design. OR am I just paranoid??
Sequoiacoast, where Carbon monoxide is concerned, I consider a little paranoia to be justified. I once walked into a room where a mother and daughter were sitting watching TV on Christmas Eve, and both were dead, poisoned by carbon monoxide from a defective chimney. You need either an exhaust directly to the outside, or an exhaust into a sealed compartment which is itself vented directly to the outside. The latter is a common solution, with a low vent for fresh air intake, and a roof vent for exhaust. The front face of the refer is a tight fit in the front of the compartment. A 12 volt
fan can be fitted to improve the flow through the compartment. Take care.