Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Brad: some great suggestions to diagnose. I really appreciate them and will follow up. BTW, my drain tube is also falling apart. I have "splinted" it at one place. I plan on replacing it with something more substantial if the fridge needs to be removed. But no indication of a condensation issue from the hose.

Something new since I replaced the thermister. The fridge works fine on shore power and even if it throws the E1 code it continues to keep the cabinet cold. However, if I disconnect the shore power while the E1 code is displayed, it does not switch over to propane. If I then turn the unit off and then back on, it immediately begins running on propane.

This makes me wonder if while on shore power when the temp in the cabinet rises to the point that it calls for more cooling, does the unit perform a "self test" for both AC and propane systems? If so, could the system be failing that test on the propane side thus causing the E1 error code?

Tom
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:42 AM   #22
BradT

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Milton , Georgia
Tom, I found one post where the the E1 error was fixed by replacing the igniter electrode.
The premise was that the system checks for the igniter electrode to be clear of spiderwebs or debris by looking for an open circuit, that is no electrical leakage to ground. (I have not been able to confirm this, but it makes sense) If the ceramic electrode insulator has a hairline crack, that expands and contracts with temperature, it can fail the test, and store the E1 code.
If there has been dust, lint, spiderweb in the area of the igniter electrode, once the flame starts, the debris will be burned. That could leave some traces of carbon, which is conductive, and could perhaps get concentrated in a hairline crack.
It might be worth removing and cleaning/checking/replacing the igniter electrode. My experience with engine spark plugs is that I could not determine by visual inspection of the ceramic insulator that it was bad.

It makes sense that the control board would check as a background task the L.P. systems even when running on shore power.

Brad
bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:13 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Brad: Thanks for that information, another lead to follow which might resolve this mystery. Will keep you posted on what I find. Been quite an education so far.
Tom
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote