Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 24
Hudson , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to 2Alaska
gas "push" knob / rod broken on RM66 fridge?

Hi,

I went to try my fridge on gas today (I've always used it on Electric and it works fine) and I went to try to Push the Push Knob at the far left of the fridge while you "Pull" the knob in the middle and the "Push" knob just came out in my hand. The knob and a rod attached to it just pull right out. I'm hoping that there's a way to fix it or light the fridge in a different way.
Does anyone know how or if this can re-attach? Where would I find the part for someting like this? I can post a picture if that would help.
I've been going through the Dometic service manual but I haven't found a solution yet so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that someone has had this happen before and knows how to fix it.
Thank you in advance,
2Alaska
2Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Davin , West Virginia
Mine has pulled out a few times. It takes a flashlight and steady hand, but it just slides right back in. Gotta remember which one pulls and which one pushes each time to keep myself out of trouble.
Hillbilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
And you can light it manually by making sure the gas valve on the line near the burner is in line with the gas pipe, holding the red button on the next device down while putting a propane lighter in the hole with the flap on it, in the side of the burner. Hold the red button down for about 30 seconds after the flame lights, then release.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote