Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Henderson , Kentucky
frig removal 76 Argosy 26

I thank all prior posts and apologize for my confusion. I am renovating 76 Argosy 26 going nuts pulling out same frig and cabinet design so maybe similar installation. I did not understand pic posted in prior frig removal post. Here are fastener locations I found but likewise got a hidden snag at top right. I find 6 screws in left side pantry wall into frig near front trim, 2 in top shelf side, 2 in next and 1 in each of next two side walls. Find a tack screw by front in floor; find 3 screws in right side panel about chest high into old panel on right side of frig. I removed L brace screws on floor and found a nail from the carpet tack strip also. I find several rivets thru the front of right side panel by the trim edge which penetrates the side brace on frig running top to bottom. I find a screw through top tambour shelf bottom panel into top of frig. STILL Not budging. Disconnected gas line from rear of frig. Still stuck. Pulled right side panel out and removed L floor brace from frig. What am I missing? Where is electric line to disconnect? would electric keep frig from moving? Is there a fastener inside the frig?
Ky76Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
Check the bottom legs in the back behind the fridge. You'll have to look in from the exterior lower door where the fridge has 2 legs/slides that it rests on. Mine had some screws down through those.
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Henderson , Kentucky
refrig removal 76 Argosy

Yeah! Refrigerator out. Now can clean, seal, run pex, and recaulk and lay vinyl floor. refrig measured 24" facing forward so fit thru 26" door. The side panel must come off to access a large metal retaining strap attached from back interior wall at to R top side of refrig.

Also, the power is a normal plug going to an out located on interior wall just above center of rear access door. Really convenient spot.

I note my refrig only had a R side bottom leg (looking from front) but no bolt/screws, but leg did have convenient holes if need for reinstall.

Also, no L side rear leg. So when sling out y would want to tilt t err L corner. This caused front R corner to rise and hang on bottom of shelf trim. So watch that. My R rear leg also hung on the screen on fresh air vent for as in floor at rear. I guess when walking out? Knowing where to look help keep your sanity.

Also there was a 4" panel piece on L front side attached by top and bottom screws and this may hang on pantry edge when pulling out and could damage.

I documented all other screws and rivets in another post but here again.

[QUOTE=Ky76Argosy;1818696]I thank all prior posts. I am renovating 76 Argosy 26 going nuts pulling out same frig and cabinet design so maybe similar installation. Here are fastener locations I found but likewise got a hidden snag at top right. I find 6 screws in left side pantry wall into frig near front trim, 2 in top shelf side, 2 in next and 1 in each of next two side walls. Find a tack screw by front in floor; find 3 screws in right side panel about chest high. I removed L brace screws on floor and found a nail from the carpet tack strip also. I find several rivets at thru the front panel by the trim edge which penetrates the side brace on front side near door of frig running top to bottom. I find a screw through top tambour shelf bottom panel into top of frig. STILL Not budging. Disconnected gas line from rear of frig. Still stuck. Pulled right side panel out and removed L floor brace from frig. There is no fastener inside the refrig. Also vent is not attached to refrig. QUOTE]
Ky76Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote