Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Counter-clockwise on the screw, then the chimney flap can be removed. Unplug the electric heating unit, you will need to find another one because it sounds like that one is broken so the fridge just stays on gas, it can't detect the electric unit being there or it's shorted out and keeps the breaker from resetting. As I recall, mine just slid down, I don't recall anything holding it down. It just plugged into the circuit board.

My trailer's in storage right now or I'd go check it out and send a picture.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Renton , Washington
Update

Ok. There is an update.
Because the fridge worked on gas, and I felt I'd made the problem worse, I decided to take it to the local Airstream dealer when it was convenient which ended up being a couple weeks ago. I'd practically forgotten the details of the issue. (Lesson for me here--go in sooner or write it all down)
I had previously tried plugging fridge in to another outlet via extension cord and it still went through the cycle of trying to ignite. So I thought I had isolated the problem to the fridge and relayed that info to the dealer.
As always happens (to me, anyway) with things mechanical, they were able to reset the GFCI breaker with no problem (I couldn't get it to reset) and the fridge worked for them on electricity.
What didn't 'click' for me, while we were walking through after repair, was that the gas was on.
Driving home, I remembered that the fridge HADN'T worked for me when plugged in to a different outlet. And the gas had been on at the dealership. When I got home I plugged in, made sure gas was off, and turned fridge on to AUTO. And the clicking began. I left when the CHECK light came on.
BUT! I also left it plugged in and put an ice cube tray full of water in the freezer. A few hours later I rechecked the fridge; the CHECK light was off and I had ice.
I've had the fridge plugged in, gas off, for several days now. I still have ice.
The service manager is going to check with the technician who worked on the trailer and get back to me. I'll post again with whatever I learn.
orange kayak is offline   Reply With Quote