Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
dznf0g,
I contacted Dometic about the lack of a flue baffle and this was their response...

So does yours have one. I believe yours is the newer version of the one I had in my old SOB. I can't remember the exact model number but it was a fully manual 6 Cubic Foot Dometic. It had a baffle. I don't think the cooling unit is any different...just not automatic in switch over nor ignition.

Check out my previous post on the movement of the thermistor. That was the final resolution...but that unit had a baffle as does my present fridge. I know, because I had to switch it out of my old cooling unit to my new cooling unit this spring when all the yellow stuff came out.

Are you the original owner and is this the original fridge/cooling unit?

Pull up a parts list for your model and see if it shows a baffle.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Baffling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
So does yours have one. I believe yours is the newer version of the one I had in my old SOB. I can't remember the exact model number but it was a fully manual 6 Cubic Foot Dometic. It had a baffle. I don't think the cooling unit is any different...just not automatic in switch over nor ignition.

Check out my previous post on the movement of the thermistor. That was the final resolution...but that unit had a baffle as does my present fridge. I know, because I had to switch it out of my old cooling unit to my new cooling unit this spring when all the yellow stuff came out.

Are you the original owner and is this the original fridge/cooling unit?

Pull up a parts list for your model and see if it shows a baffle.
dznf0g,
I checked my thermistor resistance and moved it all over the place and it only ever seemed to make a negligible difference in the refrigerator compartment's temperature when running on 110 or gas.

Ye I am the original owner (the problem refrigerator is in our '06).

And I did find a parts list for my model and it shows a flue baffle. That's what prompted me to contact Dometic. I also sent an e-mail to Airstream asking why there was no baffle, but alas I received no reply from the mothership.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
dznf0g,
I checked my thermistor resistance and moved it all over the place and it only ever seemed to make a negligible difference in the refrigerator compartment's temperature when running on 110 or gas.

Ye I am the original owner (the problem refrigerator is in our '06).

And I did find a parts list for my model and it shows a flue baffle. That's what prompted me to contact Dometic. I also sent an e-mail to Airstream asking why there was no baffle, but alas I received no reply from the mothership.
Well, I think that's your first move....get a baffle. I believe a print over a phone call...every day.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
humph , our little fridge in our bambi worked well, however today preparing to leave tomorrow~ our freezer in a 2018 International Serenity was cold but the fridge was not getting cold . All day driving back and forth to our storage place. E3 = voltage problem. so we ran long cord , plugged in electric charging battery 2 more hours, now its getting cold.
Almost going to stop for dry ice and take the 2nd Yetti . Im thinking its just so hot here and our battery is taken care of. 106 degreeze today
TheParula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Have you tried sliding the thermistor up? [Mnemonic -- "It is colder UP north."]

https://www.google.com/search?q=ther...com&gws_rd=ssl

Your fridge's manual [in the AS paperwork briefcase] should describe this moveable plastic solid on one of the fridge's cooling fins at the top of the fridge compartment, just under the freezer.

Yikes . . . 106 is hot!

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote