Old 06-29-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Currently traveling , Varies
Dometic starts then stops with E0

We are having an issue with our Dometic fridge. It is on our 2015 27FB Flying Cloud. It behaves the same under both propane and electric. I can turn it on (and can hear the propane fire up if on propane) and then I hear a click (presumably a relay on the power module or something) and then I get the E0 error code and it will not cool. E0, from the manual, is "no communication between display and power module".

I have checked the connections and they appear to be good and tight. No corrosion or anything like that noted. Battery power is good and full and reading 13.1V at power module. The on-board 5A fuse in the power module looks fine. I want to think that the relay sound I heard was the thermal fuse? I had my finger on it when it turned off and I felt like it came from there?

This happened a month ago or so after she had been in storage for a while. Restarting a couple times seemed to fix it (I figured it was because the propane had some air in the line). Now, it just won't work past about a minute or so.

Anyone have any thoughts? Of course, we are supposed to go camping tomorrow....

Thanks!
Jared

SabaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
I saw a YouTube video where they corrected that error by completely removing 12V from the refrigerator to reset things. Disconnect batteries?

Old 06-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Currently traveling , Varies
Thanks. I tried turning power off to the fridge for a while via the battery disconnect switch. I checked with the meter and that removes the voltage. Unfortunately, "rebooting" didn't work.
SabaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote