Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Knoxville , Tennessee
Domestic fridge flashing LP on shore power

After changing LP tanks to refill the one that I was using, everything seemed good until I saw the temp on the fridge was reading 60 and flashing LP.

We are on shore power and I think it must have something to do with changing the tanks and switching to the new tank, which had never been used (2020 FC 25ft.).

Stove works perfectly. Confused, seeking input. Thanks
Gibson3798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson3798 View Post
After changing LP tanks to refill the one that I was using, everything seemed good until I saw the temp on the fridge was reading 60 and flashing LP.

We are on shore power and I think it must have something to do with changing the tanks and switching to the new tank, which had never been used (2020 FC 25ft.).

Stove works perfectly. Confused, seeking input. Thanks
Do you have the fridge set to LP-only? On shore power if it's in Auto it should be using electricity and not checking for LP.

Check that the fridge is in Auto.
Check that all your 120v breakers are closed.
Check to see if the plug in the exterior fridge compartment is securely plugged into the receptacle.

As far as the LP part goes: Once you exceed it's timeout for lighting the propane, you have to turn the fridge off and on again to get it to try again on the LP.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote