Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1961 24' Tradewind
Agoura Hills , California
'61 Dometic finally died :(

I've been nursing the burner/pilot on the Dometic refrigerator in my '61 Tradewind for a couple years now, but I fear it's finally giving up the ghost. Takes forever to light, sometimes won't stay lit once the burner kicks in, and dies completely when it reaches the set temperature.

The actual refrigeration system is still sealed and working, but I'm sure the burner/pilot assembly is no longer available. Has anyone found or know of a burner replacement?
TomsEid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Mantua , Ohio
I have the exact fridg in 100% working order. Looks great too!
Let me know if you need it! I just want rid of it but can't bring myself to pitch it.
Studioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1961 24' Tradewind
Wow, seriously? That could be perfect. I'm not sure how you do private replies/messages on the forum, but my email is tomseid@aol.com- shoot me an email and we'll discuss further. Thank you!!
Old 03-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1961 24' Tradewind
Here's the unit I need

I just uploaded a picture and a diagram (from the original manual) of the dying burner unit from my '61 Dometic. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to upload files and post pictures on this forum, so I'm not sure this worked. But a couple of you out there indicated that you might have parts that could work in my unit- hoping you're still interested in helping out.
Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'61 Dometic burner assembly.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	336864   Click image for larger version

Name:	'61 Dometic gas burner & valve.png
Views:	61
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	336865