Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
2016 Flying Cloud Dometic defrost issue

Our 2016 Flying Cloud 25a has a Dometic RM3762 fridge. While defrosting we noticed water trickling down the back of the fridge. I thought maybe some of you fine folks would have a clue as to whether there is an easy fix I can do. Here's my email to Dometic (they did reply quickly, requesting model and serial number):

"We have a 2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 25a. The inside defrost tray has a nipple on it that fits into a hole in the back panel of the fridge then goes down a black corrugated tube along the back of the fridge, visible from the outside compartment(s). It seems there may be a leak at the corrugated tube connection at the top where it affixes to the drain tube (can't see it as it is behind the back panel of the fridge) When I am looking at the back of the fridge from the outside compartment I see water dripping from several areas along a horizontal seam that runs left to right across the back of the fridge just below where the black corrugated tube exits the rear of the fridge. Maybe if I'd put a piece of clear plastic tubing on the defrost tray nipple and feed it 4 to 6 inches into the drain hole it would slide down the black corrugated tube and possibly fix the issue, or do you think there is something else that may be going on with the defrosting of of our fridge?"

respectfully,
majorairhead
majorairhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
blackdog06

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 23' Flying Cloud
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Our trailer has a similar issue, but the water that pools in the condensation tray won't flow down the drain tube ever. It just drips back out of the drain hole onto the fridge floor. We're going to try the extra tubing solution.

I found this thread yesterday - #7 seems to verify your solution will work.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f287...se-140303.html

And another about replacing the drain tube altogether:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f425...re-145978.html
Blackdog06 is offline   Reply With Quote