RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmel View Post
Rich hog- Do you do projects for yourself or do you fix up to sell? My wife and I are “casually looking” and we think we like the older fixed up units better than the newer ones.
For the money, I'd shoot for an older model( pre-2003) in good-great condition. Actual build quality of the shell & materials used will be of a higher quality than anything new can offer.
Ya, the new ones look so modern & cool, but talk to a few owners of a new 6 figure Airstream.... Spend you hard earned money wisely!
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Dallas , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
So we pulled out the old evil NT22 Furnace from my 72 Safari to replace with new model. Under it was found a plastic folder that has a big scorch/burn mark on it.
Inside were two Airstream factory sheets, one a "Quality Control Exception Record " the other a "Factory Dispatching Dealer Confirmation check list."
Good thing that I didn't try to get this furnace working (besides the recall carbon monoxide risk) as maybe this thing would have caught on fire and created a bigger scorch mark on the pavement.

It appears that it doesn’t take much for these threads to get way off course.
I’ve documented a multitude of QC issues in my 2016, 2017 and the late 2018.
QC is an issue even down to the last hours of delivery.
Will not go into all the details here but believe that the recent surge of interest in AS has had some impact.
I would also like to believe that AS is very much aware and on it as we speak.
Every major manufacturer of any product will have issues.
Getting ahead of these is what will keep AS and AS follows/owners in the long trusted brand.
Let’s offer our help to QC ........ it ultimately comes back in the form of quality above and beyond the others.
BnJ_AirTX is offline   Reply With Quote