RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
santa barbara , California
Talking Electrical..OK, I surrender!

Trying to fix some electrical gremlins in my 72 Safari23. I have looked at all the schematics that people have posted but nothing matches..close but no cigar. It does NOT have control panel and that seems to be the rub.
So, does anyone know where I can BUY this elusive shop manual that hopefully has the schematic I need..trying to get the water pump going again..pump works,no power to on /off switch by sink. And in all the schematics I've seen, there is no mention of the orange wires that go to this switch., just trying to find where it draws power from..
And yes all the fuses are good!
Thanks!
scooterbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Airstream Store...

$65

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Those models used a fuse panel/battery distribution panel that had tendencies to get loose connections where the hardware for the fuse was attached, causing an open circuit. So, just because you have a good fuse in place does not mean you have power going thru the fuse and into the wire. Check with a volt meter to insure you actually have 12 VDC on the wire from each fuse.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Steve ..I already have a new style inverter and a modern fuse panel...it's all good. I'll get the diagram and go from there..thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbobby View Post
Steve ..I already have a new style inverter and a modern fuse panel...it's all good. I'll get the diagram and go from there..thanks for the help guys!
OK, that's good, but you obviously still have a problem with continuity, so I would still test each wire on the fuse outputs for power. Granted the odds are less, but just because the fuse panel is new does not mean it cannot have a problem.

If there is no power at the pump switch, you either have a problem as I describe, or the wire that powers the pump switch is not connected to the fuse panel.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Steve, all outputs from fuse block have power..there are 4 outputs and none of them is orange like the wire going to the pump switch. I can account for all the others. Just not sure where the pump ties in...
FYI, I am a Mercedes Master Tech for the last 35 years so I kinda have an idea what I'm doing. Just need help if someone knows where this ties in. Without a schematic is a bit tricky ...but 100% appreciate the help!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Have you checked the pump ground/common connection?
Do all other 12 volt devices in the coach work?
Perhaps the orange wire ties into another fixture. ie. 12 volt socket or light fixture.
Send me your email address and I will send a drawing that shows how some pumps are wired. Neither of these drawings show the pump wired directly to the fuse panel.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
TG...cool! I ran 12 V direct to pump and it works fine. Ran to power to in side of switch,flip switch, works fine. And everything else is working perfect..
scooterbobby@gmail.com
Thank you!