Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Yellowstone's Edge RV Park - Close to Bozeman

Just thought I'd mention this park for those of you who are planning to attend the rally in Bozeman this summer and staying a few extra days in the area, or for anyone else planning a trip to Montana.

Yellowstone's Edge RV Park is on Hwy 89 south of Livingston, MT, about 50 miles southeast of Bozeman and about 35 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. It is right on the banks of the Yellowstone River, and IMO is one of the nicest RV parks in the northwest US.

After moving all around the pacific northwest for a number of years, my wife and I fell in love with this park, and decided to make it our permanent summer home several years ago. You can't beat the scenery here -- I'm looking at the snow covered mountains just across the river east of us right now, and when the river goes down several weeks from now, I can catch my fill of wild trout not 15' from the back of our trailer.

You can enjoy a scenic drive all along the river from here to the north entrance to the Yellowstone National Park, and even drive the Old Yellowstone Trail if you wish which was the original entrance road into the park. After spending time in the park, you can come back here to enjoy the central campfire - and eat your fill of great locally-made ice cream - waiting for you every evening.

In case you are interested, Yellowstone's Edge RV Park has a webcam where you can see some of the RV park, the river, nearby mountains, and some of the scenery. Here's the link: http://webcam.mtrv.com/

Hope to see some of you this summer!

John

John
Old 06-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Does the area of Montana you're in get a lot of hail in the summer? Seems like you always hear of Montana and the Dakota's getting a lot of golf ball sized hail.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Checked out the webcam...looks like there's a pretty good chance you could get in today! Lot's of vacant spaces...thought maybe I'd see a "silver shiny"to no avail. How big is this place? Looks nice ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
That is a nice CG. My wife has gone there for a few years- last year we had a pleasant evening around the fire (and I hate campfires, so this is saying something) with flyfisher.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
Thanks for the info John! We'll make this our goal for the night before the VAC pre-rally gathering.
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We stayed at this campground for a week last summer: excellent! John's previous posts about it led us to make reservations, and if we get back near Yellowstone, we'll reserve some days here once again. The camp hosts provide a central campfire circle nightly and it's surrounded by friendly campers and staff. Great icecream is served from the nearby office. The Yellowstone is but a stone's throw from campsites, the Rockies surround you, and a full moon in the sky just tops the wonders. This camp is far enough from the NP to be free of crowds, but near enough to drive into easily. And while there, don't miss all the other nearby attractions. Get a book that focuses on this area and you'll fine that a week just won't be time enough. John has the right idea with his summerlong into autumn stays! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
We can enthusiastically confirm that Yellowstone's Edge RV Park is absolutely top-notch. We have spent several days each September there for the last 5 years and have enjoyed every minute. For those who are flyfishermen (or flyfisherwomen), the stretch of the Yellowstone River along the park is as good as any other place within Paradise Valley. The park's facilities are super clean and the atmosphere is wonderfully relaxed. We recommend it to all.
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernviews View Post
Does the area of Montana you're in get a lot of hail in the summer? Seems like you always hear of Montana and the Dakota's getting a lot of golf ball sized hail.
Actually, no. This valley is rather dry overall in the summertime. There are periodic lightning thunderstorms in the mountains, and the occcassional hail, but normally nothing of damaging size.

The wind however can be more of a nuisance, as newcomers who leave their trailers with their awnings out soon find out.

There have been some large forest fires all around here the past couple years, but this summer looks like it could be much better in that regards as there is plenty of snowpack in the mountains, and the Yellowstone River is presently running at approx. 1 1/2 times the norm for this time of year.

John
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Checked out the webcam...looks like there's a pretty good chance you could get in today! Lot's of vacant spaces...thought maybe I'd see a "silver shiny"to no avail. How big is this place? Looks nice ~

Shari
Shari -

This is still the beginning of the season here, and there are lots of open sites now, but quite a few people who stay most or all of the summer will be arriving in the next couple weeks.

Actually, you can only see a portion of the park on the webcam --my wife and I, for example, are hidden from view in one of 15 sites behind (south of) the office. I don't remember the exact number, but I'm guessing there's about 75 sites in total.

John
Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
We just made reservations for this campground and will be there from August 25 - September 7. Thanks flyfisher for recommending this campground. BTW, I will be bringing my fly gear to see if I can't catch a dinner or two.

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
dpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #11
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post

Shari
There is one today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cam.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	62361  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote