Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
Yellowstone!

We are considering a trip to Yellowstone, how cool will that be!
We will be in Livingston, MT for the Fiddlers Picnic Vintage Trailer Rally and curious about good RV Parks inside the park. We have 2 dogs if that matters for camping. We will be in our 1958 18' Traveler.
Advice?

thanks in advance!
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f106...on-122678.html
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
We were in Yellowstone in early September this year and stayed at Bridge Bay CG for five days. No hookups but pretty spacious sites. Restrooms are clean and appear to be recently renovated. No showers but Fishing Bridge isn't far away and they have showers there.
With that being said Fishing Bridge CG will be closed next season for some renovations. It is the only CG in Yellowstone that has full hookups. I would assume the store, gas station, and showers would still be open. We stayed there before but the sites are a bit squishy for us. We stayed at Grant Village many years ago in our class C and were pretty comfortable there.
I don't know if its on your list but don't miss the Grand Tetons.
Loloho has some good videos on youtube about Yellowstone and Tetons.
Have a great trip!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_campsite.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	328048  
Old 11-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Your rig would fit at Fishing Bridge but sites are very tight. I prefer Madison CG lots of room and space.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
As an alternative to staying inside the park there are two nice campgrounds on Hwy 89 which leads from Livingston to Yellowstone, that are just few miles north of the North Gate of Yellowstone. They offer full hook ups and both are on the "Yellowstone River". Ten miles south of Livingston is the Yellowstone KOA. The other is further south...it's called Yellowstone Edge RV Park. The latter actually sits on the Yellowstone River. It's about half way between Livingston and Yellowstone Park. Here's a pic of our stay last spring:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Milley-Se...put_13bf-M.jpg
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Check out the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone. We are not RV park people, but it is very nice and close to an entrance. Yellowstone is very big and you might want to stay at several of their campgrounds to see more of the park.
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
An 18' will fit anywhere in Yellowstone. It's a National Park, so just don't expect KOA level amenities. The amenities of a National Park may not include full hookups, but the scenery and wildlife are why you go there.

We go almost every year and stay in the smaller, non-reservation campgrounds in the Lamar Valley.

Watch wolves and don't worry about wifi.

O, and we travel with dogs. They are ok in the campgrounds and within 100' of a road, but that's it.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Madison is my personal favorite. It is closer to the areas we enjoy and I can walk to the rivers to fish. The best advise I can give is to book as soon as you can.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
for those not aware.. "Loloho" is a youtube channel for Sean and Kristy

they do a lot of nice informative things on video. He worked at Yellowstone as a college person i believe so info is from an insider abet some year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosch View Post
We were in Yellowstone in early September this year and stayed at Bridge Bay CG for five days. No hookups but pretty spacious sites. Restrooms are clean and appear to be recently renovated. No showers but Fishing Bridge isn't far away and they have showers there.
With that being said Fishing Bridge CG will be closed next season for some renovations. It is the only CG in Yellowstone that has full hookups. I would assume the store, gas station, and showers would still be open. We stayed there before but the sites are a bit squishy for us. We stayed at Grant Village many years ago in our class C and were pretty comfortable there.
I don't know if its on your list but don't miss the Grand Tetons.
Loloho has some good videos on youtube about Yellowstone and Tetons.
Have a great trip!
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Airstream Club, Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Also agree that Madison is my personal favorite in Yellowstone.
Flat sites, shade, not rocky, good location, close to the beautiful steam running adjacent to the campground.

Last time we were there in July it was warm enough that we had to have our dog with us in the vehicle running the AC every afternoon. So be aware that if it's hot out, your dog will need to be with you in the vehicle.

In the Tetons, I think you would love Signal Mountain. We stayed there with our 22 sport and was nice, and they had very nice paid showers, laundry, and the adjacent area with restaurant, lake with boat rentals, convenience store with wi fi and espresso, made it a great combo.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Boise , Idaho
We stayed at Madison this fall and loved it.
Mniba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Fishing Bridge has full hookups and is centrally located in the park. Yellowstone is HUGE and you can spend all your time driving if you stay outside the park. There are other parks CGs but if I recall they dont have hookups.

While you're close do Grand Tetons too.