Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 AM   #61
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Innisfail , Alberta
WWe actually got the AS out of the yard this weekend-our very first time out-just a short jaunt to a nearby campgraound, but an opportunity to tow the trailer on pavement, gravel with lots of potholes and up and down a fairly steep grade and it behaved perfectly Left home in the sunshine, ran into rain 10 minutes out, took refuge in the trailer while we had thunder lightning and hail, then two days of rain-but by the time we got home and unpacked the sun was shining (typical Alberta weather)- but were very comfortable in the Airstream . (Unfortunately, forgot the camera for the maiden voyage). Looking forward to some longer trips. Happy travels; Garth & Joanne
gtijewlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
"Krazy"

We went "Krazy" but now we're back!
Actually our travel has been limited in '07 to date.
A rally in Afton last month....
Highland Haven Airstream Park is where the Silver Bullet currently resides and where we visit her from time to time.
Plans for '07 include a trip to see the June Space Shuttle launch with our Grands in tow. A two week trip to New England with our Airstream buddies VaJeep will be the highlight of our '07 Summer! Yea
Happy Trails
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 AM   #63
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
We started off with our very first trip from NY to TopSail then onto the FL Keys in Jan.

Feb found us in Sarasota at the WBCCI Rally, then again on to the Keys.

April was the SpringStream Rally then Elkmount and an interesting ride north on the Blue Ridge Pky.

Just finished installing new axles last weekend now to give them a test run, this weekend will be a short hop to the Region 2 Rally in PA. 450 miles round trip.

That will put us a 10,700 miles so far this year.

We are planning something out west like Yellowstone etc over the summer and a few other spots upstate NY, not sure, don't like to make plans that lock us in a fixed time frame too much.

Getting 10.5-11 MPG isn't making us happy with these rising gas prices .

There are a lot of other hobbies that cost more than this keep going so spending $5-6,000 to travel 20,000 miles isn't that bad......is it

That would account for perhaps 8-10+ weeks of traveling.

You can spend that at one resort or a cruise for just a week.

Years ago I traveled the world too many times to count for my business, seen great places.

But my wife and I realized we really haven't seen the the best part of the world......the whole USA, so for us the journey is just beginning

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
But my wife and I realized we really haven't seen the the best part of the world......the whole USA, so for us the journey is just beginning [/quote]

Ditto Bob! We've seen most of the rest. There's no place like home and we still have so much to see and re-see (is that a word?) of our great land! Let the journey begin for us all.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #65
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
The pictures were beautiful ....We spent Jan & Feb in Mexico , then 2 weeks in southern AZ . Then 6 weeks in TX , then got to Myrtle Beach for first 2 weeks in May. Are currently in NC at races and will head north and take 20 across country to northern CA (redwoods) by mid- Aug.
njoysrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #66
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Hi carol;
I've just discovered I knew you....
Always searching nice pictures about Airstream ?

about your thread, we have chosen another part of FRANCE to spend holidays with the Airstream; No more the mediterranean campground near Saint Tropez ( near Cannes / for the movies festival at this date ) but the atlantic sea for the waves and different people to meet; Biarritz is the place to surf and we went there for the second time; here are some pictures;
For 2006:
AIRSTREAM, HARLEY-DAVIDSON and The American Dream in FRANCE.: Surfin'airstream

For 2005:
AIRSTREAM, HARLEY-DAVIDSON and The American Dream in FRANCE.: A nouveau 2 mois en AIRSTREAM

No more familly too ( your article in Airstream life) and no more fiesta...
But WHAT a succes with the caravan !!!

Bruno.
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #67
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
So far we're off to a good year. We attended the Can Opener Rally at Top Sail Hill, Santa Rosa Beach, FL. (BTW, Carol and Michelle, we made tentative reservations already for next year since the date isn't firm yet!) In February, we went to Ft. Wilderness, Disney World, for President's week. Yes, Carol you do have to reserve way in advance. They have got to the point that they stay booked pretty much year round so for holidays, you need to book at least 9-10 months in advance if you want a prime loop (preferred (cable) pet loop with full hook-ups) or at the last minute for a cancellation (no guarantee). Then we went to the Springstream Rally in Hiawasee, GA in April. So far in May we have been to Chattanooga for Mother's Day and will go to St. George Island, FL for Memorial Day. The kids and I washed the Airstream this past weekend to get the pollen and soot from the South Georgia fires off in preparation for the trip to the Florida panhandle. Carol, for now I'll leave the ladder and white section of the roof to you!

Other future trips include Ft. Wilderness again for July 4th, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October, and the week before Christmas. We also have booked Top Sail Hill for Labor Day Weekend and possibly another rally at a date TBD in July. September and November are the only months right now that we don't have camping trips planned.

Carol, great pictures. You have to plan on being at the Can Opener again in '08. Becki and I enjoyed meeting you and your visit so much. You can update us on your travels for this year.

Michelle, I had viewed your photos already and it looks like you are one busy lady. BTW, have you thought about going to South Georgia and helping battle the fire going on their? It has been raging since mid-April and burned more than 120K acres. This morning the winds had blown the smoke to Atlanta (250 miles away) again to the point of causing lots of respiratory problems here. Hope to meet you at the '08 Can Opener Rally!

Bruno, your photos look like you had a wonderful vacation(s) at the shore. Looks like the surf was up for you! You did a great job on polishing your Airstream. Sorry, my French is a little rusty. I could only translate some of the text, but it looks like France has some great camping opportunities.

Happy camping, Tom AKA Minnie's Mate
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote