Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #381
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
There is an excellent OZ RV forum; Caravaners

And RobertRyan on Woodalls links trailer and info to that from his home country.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #382
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
Mackinaw CG, Fish Lake, Utah - This is where I will wake-up tomorrow but I am posting today since no cell coverage at the spot. Some troubleshooting to do this morning before I can try the fishing: (a) clear the snow off the solar panel (done); (b) get the furnace working, as it went subzero last night, and it just wouldn't fire. Too bad I'm disconnected from the AS nation, but we'll get her done, then try some fishing...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1432399666.263728.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	239008
Utah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #383
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Montgomery , Florida
Smile At airstream

We are at Air Stream Jackson Center,Ohio
Grateful2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #384
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Woodstock , Georgia
Cloudland Canyon State ParkClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1432476684.414880.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	239074

The Streaming Gantt's on Airstream Forums
Keith Gantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #385
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Shasta Lake , California
Woke up at home then spent 3 hours working on the Tradewind before breakfast .

WBCCI #6269

My Build Thread https://www.airforums.com/forums/f11...ml#post1997059
Glenritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #386
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
At the house organizing the plastics / Tupperware cabinet. :-( I'd rather be Streaming...
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #387
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
At the house. This a race overload day. Woke up to the Monaco GP1, currently watching the Indy 500 to be followed by the Coca-cola 600 from Charlotte.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #388
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
George Payne Cossar State Park Yocona Ridge Campground #8

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #389
3 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Thompsons Station , Tennessee
Norris Dam State Park, West Campground site #13. What a beautiful weekend in East TN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	586.3 KB
ID:	239130  

1967 Caravel

modarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #390
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA

We are moochdocking at a family members house for two weeks while we hope to get our seats upholstered.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #391
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
At the Petaluma, CA KOA. A great location and campground, but this weekend, jam packed with kids.
Jack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #392
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Lennox, SD, city campground....$11/night, seventh night free!

Ms. Tommie Lauer
Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #393
3 Rivet Member

Cerritos , California

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1432528089.209706.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	239172
Joahua National Park
68Streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #394
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Kingman, AZ. Blake Ranch RV. Nice park but not a lot going on around here.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:58 AM   #395
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
We're awaiting our 2016 Airstream, so today, as most days, we awoke at home in the Sonoran desert. Feeling very blessed to be here. View from the back patio:

The front courtyard: (a work in progress)

Motivation to leave home in the Airstream isn't highly motivating, at present, but mid-summer, it will be nice to visit the NorthWest!
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:43 AM   #396
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Sunday morning.

For us, this weekend more than most, is about honoring our son and the many others who gave their lives while defending the freedom that we in the USA are so blessed to live under.

This image, taken today at the National Cemetery here in Scottsdale, barely scratches the surface of those who have served in our Armed Forces to protect the values, justice, and freedom of the United States of America. Without the willingness of these people to go in harm's way to defend our freedom and way of life, the USA would not exist.

Every single grave, in every National Cemetery, all across the United States of American, THIS weekend, is decorated with a flag honoring those have served in the Armed Forces. THAT is what Memorial Weekend is all about. It is not "party weekend"; it is Memorial weekend.

While it may be for many in the USA, Memorial Day Weekend isn't a "party weekend" for us. It is about honoring the many (our son included) who have served and given their lives for what we so often take for granted in this blessed country, the United States of America.

Most of the Memorial Day Weekends in my life, up until our son's death in Afghanistan, were not much more than another "party weekend". But when your family member loses his life fighting for your way of life, Memorial Day Weekend suddenly becomes something more than just another "party weekend". Many of you will totally understand this, all too well. But I think that many Americans don't really quite "get it."

Our son, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and gave his life while actively protecting and defending our lives and our freedom in this country, is your hero. We mourn his passing and honor him this weekend, especially.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #397
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Those of us who have served in the US armed forces and lost friends along the way, realize that Freedom is not Free. We will always remember those who gave all for the rest of our lives.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #398
Loafy the Wonder-Sled

1986 25' Sovereign
Mercury , Nevada
Woke up this Sunday morning in Snow Canyon State Park, Utah. This was our first "real" trip in our "new to us" '86 Sovereign. Our first overnight trip was across town at our local RV Park. This trip was obviously a much bigger deal. When we left town Thursday morning (6/4) we had a well laid plan so I figured everything would go wrong. Boy, was I ever pleasantly surprised! Our first leg of the trip was over the hump into Las Vegas. It was our first steep climb with our trusty F-250 Diesel, better known as Moby (or Gus, depending on the day of the week), pulling our AS. I'm not sure what made me more nervous the slow speed going up, the faster speeds coming down, or my husband's muttering about the exhaust temperature! We stopped in the Red Rock Canyon Rest stop to catch our breath and have breakfast. It was a beautiful morning with a fantastic backdrop for the trailer and it was the first time we have stopped and enjoyed the view. Every other trip to Las Vegas we are always in a hurry to get to town and back.
Anyway, checked the tires, walked the dog, then piled back in for the next leg of our trip. Took I-215 around the NW side of Vegas to catch I-15. The drive to Mesquite was very pleasant. I think once you accept the fact that your top speed is 65 mph and that everyone who wants to pass you can, you just sit back and enjoy each others company.
We stopped at Mesquite where we have discovered a nice little park right off the highway. It was really nice having a bathroom, that alone was worth every penny we paid for the trailer. Making lunch was fun in our tiny kitchen and we actually got to stop for more then 15 minutes. Car trips are always so rushed; with the trailer everything just naturally slowed down. I loved it. The last leg of our journey was taking Hwy 91 to Ivins and into Snow Canyon. Again, the grade though not extremely steep was constant and our pick up moved along at a whopping 35 mph. The four cars that also took the back route that day passed us with no problems. We maneuvered the twists and turns of road, found the turn off with no trouble, and even made it through two roundabouts without incident.
I read about Snow Canyon on the Forum and my husband made the reservations. It was so funny meeting the Camp Host, Jeff. He was there with his AS and when he stopped by to ask about ours, we got to talking, and we found out that he's WestcoastAS who wrote the article that brought us there! So Cool!
Friday morning we drove the truck (sans trailer) up to Zion National Park. We sprang for the annual pass because I know we are going back and drove up the Zion-Mt.Carmel Hwy. This road is narrow, twisty, and steep. I doubt we will ever be brave enough to take our AS up it but there were sure a lot of other folks who didn't seem to have any trouble, and their trailers and tour buses were a whole lot bigger then us! The tunnel was very neat with cut outs to catch glimpses of the views, it was also very narrow. That day the park rangers were at each end stopping traffic to let it one way through and then the other. It was built in 1930, so it was not designed with our larger vehicles in mind. The second time traffic stopped was for some big horn sheep grazing next to the road. That was a first for me, I'm hanging out the window trying not to drop my phone as we go by the group. We made our way out of the park and on up to Duck Creek Village where we stopped to have lunch at Aunt Sue's Chalet and bought a calendar at the Craig Primas Gallery. Wonderful omelets and fantastic photography!
Well fed and ready to explore, we went in search of the fire station because a friend had told me her family always dry camped up past the fire station. Not far north of the fire station, we saw, off in the woods, campers and RVs (and antelope, oh my). So we took various dirt roads and wandered on back thinking we could do this with the trailer! What a nifty idea; just pull your trailer off the road find a spot ready and waiting and just stay awhile, up to 16 days in fact. After checking out a few of these dirt roads the weather decided to turn to the dark side. We didn't want to get stuck in the mud so we skedaddled back to the main road and headed to the Visitors Center to see what information we could gather. There we met Linda and Charlie, who have been volunteering for the NFS for the past 12 years. From Memorial Day to Labor Day they hand out useful information about the area and in return they get a free spot to park their own trailer. This volunteering idea is really worthwhile.
By this time the thunder and lightning were really getting close, whereupon the heavens opened up and we got hailed on. Hard. What happened to Spring? We were back in Winter. It fell hard and fierce for about 15 minutes so we thought it was time to head down into Cedar City. We drove half a mile and hit sunshine. Utah has the weirdest weather. Going down into Cedar City we realized if we ever wanted to pull our trailer up to Duck Creek we would have to get up very early in the morning. The road was steep and narrow and with a probable top speed of 30 mph we would have a lot of unhappy drivers behind us. So trying to pick a time of day with the least amount of traffic would probably be our best bet. Love Cedar City it is just the nicest town to wonder around.
Covered a lot of territory and met the nicest folks. But with all that driving around we decided Saturday was going to be our day to just loaf around the camp ground. Snow Canyon has such a pretty camp ground that this was not a hardship.
Sunday morning arrived way too soon. I don't want to leave and Monday morning is waiting for us. However, leave we must after a quick shower and a fond farewell to the spider in the shower stall (camping and bugs just go hand in hand). I made up some breakfast burritos with all the left overs from the trip. Waste not, want not and they really came out good. Packed everything away, put some tape on the end of the wine rack so the plastic wine glasses would stay in place this trip and checked to see if anything else might end up rolling around on the floor when we stopped. Our next stop was the dreaded dump station, I just laugh at my husband's valiant attempt to put on dinky blue plastic gloves. I picked up the shredded remains of the first pair and told him I would wear the gloves. Was this his plan all along? Between the two of us, me with perfectly fitting gloves and he with holey mitts, we successfully made our deposits to the holding tank. We said goodbye one last time to WestcoastAS and hit the road. This time leaving most of the trees intact.
The drive home was much more relaxing then the drive over. We were getting used to the way the truck handled the towing of the AS and I had more confidence in our brakes. We also figured out the awful moaning sound we heard in parking lots was from our sway control bar. We thought of naming our AS "Moaning Myrtle, the Silver Turtle", but I think that one's already been used. We considered "The Lead Sled" which quickly got changed to "The Bread Sled". In the end we may have to go with "Loafy, the Wonder-Sled". But I digress.
The trip back was pretty much the trip out, only .... backwards. We made the same stops, took our time, and just enjoyed the drive. We even got brave and went back over the hump instead of chickening out and taking the much longer drive around the mountain. The grade was steep and we crawled up at 35 mph. One of those big motorhomes with a toad passed us. But we made it to the top and then it was clear sailing all the way down. I felt a little like the Ginch sailing into Whoville from the top of Mt. Crumpit, except we weren't green, it wasn't Christmas, and we didn't have any toys, but that's another story.
Tumbleweed61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #399
1 Rivet Member

1993 25' Excella
2009 28' Flying Cloud
Farmington , Utah
Dripping Springs Campground near the Green River in northeastern Utah.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1433733860417.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	240239  
Fishcop76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #400
3 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Lincoln City , Oregon
Hurricane watch

After 15 months on the road and living in our 1958 Fling Cloud we decided to rent a house. We have a RV place on the River in Mulege, Baja California, Sur, Mexico. It is about 650 miles south of the US border on the east side of the peninsula. Mosy of the gringos on the river have gone north but not all.

We are on Hurricane watch for Blanca. Last year's Odile did extensive damage with a 14 foot high water mark lasting for about ten hours. Our ramada (shade structure) was hit by two 60' palm trees and knocked down. We spent the last three months getting it nice again.

So what we did this Sunday was move out FC to high ground. I will sleep better tonight. We are staying at least another month before we head to California with the Airstream.

BTW our trailer #3667 went on the 1960 Caravan to Mexico City. Still original and in nice shape.
Dick Deam
COLONEL is offline   Reply With Quote