Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
....We learned there were places these days which would not allow 'over 10 year old units' into their place. So we are not feeling the love about that... now we are investigating "Airstream Exclusive" locales...If y'all want a party, start a 'rally'... always works for us... at least you can generally pick your friends...
Channing, the only outward difference from your '99 to the 2011 model '34 is the pinstripe...they won't know the difference.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Sevierville , Tennessee
There is Silver Palms RV Village (www.silverpalmsrv.com) in Okeechobee, FL that is new and beautiful! They specifically address welcoming the younger retirees. Children are also welcome . . . to VISIT. Lot ownership and rental possibilities exist at this facility.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob View Post
We made an interesting discovery while in our forties. It was way more fun hanging out with those older than us than those younger. Just sayin!
Our family & friends think we're crazy, but this is why we are looking into moving INTO an RV retirement community! We joke that we're "wise beyond our years" and for the record.... Most of your 55+ parks will be more than happy to grant you "access" as long as your gainfully employed and have no kids living WITH you!
The wife and I spent a week down in Tucson in November touring every RV park we could find,researching our upcoming relocation. We found that the larger senior communities are NOT just filled with a bunch of "old foogies", rotting the rest of their lives away in the sun. These people are on the go!
While we didn't see a bunch of people our age ( mid 40's) there were some, and like us, still plugging away towards "retirement"!
There were only a small handfull of these communities that adhere to the 55+ policy, the ones that did were all a little "high & mighty" for us anyways!

truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
My grandfather always told us that you're not old until you stop seeking new experiences. By that definition, I doubt any of you qualify.
VtTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtTim View Post
Does anyone know of any RV parks that cater to a younger crowd? Seems that all the RV parks I've come across are geared for retirees, or at least folks over 50. Campground tend to be more multi-generational, but many don't offer the long-term RV lifestyle experience I'm longing for. Where are the RV communities for the 30-somethings?
You bet!

There’s all sorts of “RV Parks” in south and west Texas that cater to the younger crowd. Of course, these are the oil field boys, roughnecks and such.

And uh... calling them a “park” is a real stretch of the imagination...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Granted, there are a lot of 50+ and 55+ RV parks out there, but it seems to me that there are plenty of RV Parks without such restrictions that offer long-term situations. That said, I have never seen a park that is restricted to residents under a certain age. Personally, I believe living situations that include all age groups and stages of life are the best and most "healthy" ones ... where younger people, middle ages and older people value each other. Agism can be a very limiting thing.
I agree with this. I tend to hang with people from their 20s to their 70s (really), and each are fun, each can be wild and party, each offer different things. While I can rock out on Rock Band with the younger set, I can enjoy wine dinners, resorts, and European travel with the older group (more money, more time). As a sailor/kayaker/paddle boarder, I exercise with the same wide range of ages.

I find that I connect with people not based on age, but on interests and lifestyle. Honestly, the middle group (30s with young kids) is where I have the least friends, simply because of time, I suppose - my kids are 16 and can stay home alone if we want a week's vacation (or a weekend, or an evening) without them for whatever reason. The dog, now, she goes everywhere.
DianePhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob View Post
My wife and I have traveled the country many times over and parts of the world as well as serious age group athletes. We made an interesting discovery while in our forties. It was way more fun hanging out with those older than us than those younger. Just sayin!

Ain't it the truth.

Even when we were in the age group mentioned, we, with intent and forethought, chose a no children lifestyle. It was and remains the correct choice for us.

That choice lead us to the same discovery.

I expect the market share of 20-30 year olds that would choose the live a more freewheeling life style in a rv would be to small to count.

Regards,

JD

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
troup , Texas
We stayed (30 yrs old) in a campground in Panacea, Fla in the 90's. near alligator point. lotsa youngers there altho it was in the spring time. we had a 27' class C with 1 kid and 1 coming. we had monthly rates and had the best time ever. We even had a job offer to manage park.. too much work for us...
72sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtTim View Post
Does anyone know of any RV parks that cater to a younger crowd? Seems that all the RV parks I've come across are geared for retirees, or at least folks over 50. Campground tend to be more multi-generational, but many don't offer the long-term RV lifestyle experience I'm longing for. Where are the RV communities for the 30-somethings?

Some information

Data from Statistical Surveys, Inc. collected on RV retail registrations found that from 2015 – 2018, the share of RV ownership by age range increased in the younger age brackets. RV ownership for those aged 35-44 increased from 18.42 percent in 2015 to 20.75 percent in 2018. For those aged 25-34, it rose from 5.03 percent to 8.10 percent. Even the youngest age range of 18-24 saw a gain of 0.15 percent to 0.37 percent.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Ain't it the truth.

Even when we were in the age group mentioned, we, with intent and forethought, chose a no children lifestyle. It was and remains the correct choice for us.

That choice lead us to the same discovery.

I expect the market share of 20-30 year olds that would choose the live a more freewheeling life style in a rv would be to small to count.

Regards,

JD

Data from Statistical Surveys, Inc. collected on RV retail registrations found that from 2015 – 2018, the share of RV ownership by age range increased in the younger age brackets. RV ownership for those aged 35-44 increased from 18.42 percent in 2015 to 20.75 percent in 2018. For those aged 25-34, it rose from 5.03 percent to 8.10 percent. Even the youngest age range of 18-24 saw a gain of 0.15 percent to 0.37 percent.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York

FYI most of this thread is 6-7 years old.

FYI
FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Burning Man Nevada Middle Age Crisis Capital

Burning Man qualifications: This sounds just perfect.

Children 12 and under accompanied by a parent will be admitted for free. Children between 13-18 require full-price tickets. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 21 years of age. If you plan to bring a child, please read the Kids at Burning Man survival guide.

While Burning Man describes itself as a "kid-friendly event," where children under age 18 are allowed to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian, and those under 13 can even attend for free, according to Burning Man's website. ... See how the babies of Burning Man enjoy the legendary festival. Sep 8, 2019

Children of all ages are welcome at Burning Man. It’s awesome to see a new generation pounding rebar or helping out with Black Rock Scouts. But not every kid is happy everywhere. You need to know your kid well enough to answer some questions: can they handle heat and dust? How are they with unfamiliar situations, sudden loud noises, or strangers coming up to them? Can they sleep with a ruckus going on all night? Burning Man is seriously overstimulating; do you have plans for what to do if your kid loses the plot a little bit? If there is an emergency or you just need some alone time, do you have plans for this? Having kids with you drastically change the experience of your Burn. Consider whether or not it is a good idea before you move forward.
No mention of anyone Over 30.

Obviously... we did not go. I am already... overstimulated. Ask any member on the Airforums that has met me. Although, I am Blue Heeler friendly. They also do not bite.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #33
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard 👍

Just look for the "Screaming Children Campgrounds."

Bob
🇺🇸