Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2024, 03:34 PM   #21
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,231
We've upped the minimum size to 30', as we've decided that the 28' would be too small. Yes, it might work, and it certainly would force us to not carry so much stuff, but overall, it probably is too small.


There are quite a few people here at The Ranch who have a 5'er permanently parked on their lots and travel with a smaller travel trailer or MH of some sort. We've actually talked about that for the future. Hmmm, maybe we should go for a 34' now, then have it as the permanently-parked trailer and travel in a 28' one. Actually, one of the neighbors did almost exactly that. He owns a 34' that they traveled with one year, then parked it on their lot and bought a 25' to travel in. His wife died a few years ago and he is still traveling in the 25'. The 34' has been passed on to a family member.
__________________
David Lininger, kb0zke
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:08 AM   #22
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar
 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
We've upped the minimum size to 30', as we've decided that the 28' would be too small. Yes, it might work, and it certainly would force us to not carry so much stuff, but overall, it probably is too small.


There are quite a few people here at The Ranch who have a 5'er permanently parked on their lots and travel with a smaller travel trailer or MH of some sort. We've actually talked about that for the future. Hmmm, maybe we should go for a 34' now, then have it as the permanently-parked trailer and travel in a 28' one. Actually, one of the neighbors did almost exactly that. He owns a 34' that they traveled with one year, then parked it on their lot and bought a 25' to travel in. His wife died a few years ago and he is still traveling in the 25'. The 34' has been passed on to a family member.
Thats kind of what we are doing....we summer in Star Valley Ranch RV Resort outside Jackson WY all summer, last 4 years. We tried just the 28' living, which works for a week or two, but when your not moving to new camp spots, and just in one location, it gets "small", so we have bought a late model used 5th wheel last 3 years, to stay/live in while we are there, golfing, pickleball, swimming, and socializing with everyone. Bigger bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, with slides, and socializing is much easier if we are not outside due to weather. We bought first 2 5th wheel (40') Montana models, in June, and sold in September, first couple years- cost= mid $30's; sold for same price end of season. This past year we decided to keep this one over this past winter. We got this Montana from our neighbor across the way. (They got a new "Park Model") We do store our AS down the road at a storage facility, and use it to travel around to Glacier, Teton, and Yellowstone. Plus, if we have "guests" come, (kids/grandkids) we can usually rent a spot from one of our neighbors, and the 28' becomes the guest house. Works for us.

Point is for us, staying in the AS for long periods in one location, to us, can become "small". We talk with some folks here in Bandera Rally, full timing it for several years...crazy to us, but understand some folks are fine with it!
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:02 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
Airstreams facilitate everyone’s preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
I feel the same way. I love going for a week or so. And a week we find is our perfect time. Then it is time to get home. We like the space of our house. My wife has her grand piano. I have my office space with my books, and an exercise room. We have a large great room area where we like to entertain. We have 14 grandchildren and love to have them all over as a family (28 in all) to play games, etc. And we don’t have a huge house. But we designed it for our lifestyle and what we enjoy doing. My wife loves it.

And then there are the friends you nurture while being in one place for an extended time. We like our friends, our church, our neighborhood, etc. Being on the road for an extended time I think would be very isolating. I suppose if you stayed put for 6 mos. it would be different.

But there are some people that living in an AS would work. Different strokes for different folks. For my wife and me it would not work at all.
Absolutely! Airstreams facilitate everyone’s preferences from the one-week get-away to full-time living.

We don’t have grandchildren, but since we began traveling full-time we see our family and friends more than ever before. Sometimes it’s a short visit to meet a relative we met through 23andMe, other times it’s months of caregiving for a close family member. Because we bring our own bed, kitchen and bathroom we are always welcome and comfortable.

Over the years we’ve made many friends who live in their Airstreams, and some work as teachers, well diggers, professional climbers, nurses and medical professionals. We’ve also made friends who travel extensively but keep a part-time home.

Our old neighbors love their beautiful house on the beach, but they also love the mountains. So every summer they tow their Airstream to a campground in the Sierras and stay at their “summer home” for months. With the Airstream they can have their cake and eat it too. Another couple we know keep two houses – one in The Keys, and another in France – and travel the northern states throughout the summer in their Airstream.

Our story is unusual, that’s why we blog about it. As empty-nesters we sold our house in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in California. Yet, downsizing to a condo or cottage was outrageously expensive. So, we decided to cut loose from real estate and travel for a while. Like many retirees, our RV travel would serve as a gap retirement before we find the “real thing.” In the last 8 years, our preferences have changed. We like living on the road in our Airstream. It’s exciting, educational, safe, healthy, affordable and environmentally sound. If we ever find a house that can do all that for us, we’ll buy it. Until then, living in Beauty is The Real Thing.

Thank you for joining the conversation.

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:03 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
Hey there again, Boxite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post

Living full time in ANY travel-trailer is a “tiny home” experience…. and TTs are not designed for it. Airstream even says-so in the owner’s manual.

But if you can keep it properly ventilated to avoid humidity and mold… and don’t mind the “cheap, part-time design” appliances….. I can see a certain attraction toward a “minimalist” standard of living.
Hey there again, Boxite!

Early on we had a brief episode of mold. After years of living in a desert climate it caught us by surprise. Ugh. Fortunately, we solved it quickly and cheaply and haven’t had a mold problem since. Keeping dry on the Gulf Coast can be a challenge, but we think it’s worth the extra effort.

With all due respect to the Airstream manual, I put the rule about Airstreams being unfit for long-term human habitation in the same file that says dryers are better than line drying; that lawns are better than natural landscape; that trees are an interference to sight lines; that a five bedroom house with two people living in it deserves more resources and protection than a 30′ trailer with two people living in it.

Fortunately, rules change with the times.

You mention the quality of the interior features of an Airstream and whether the infrastructure can endure full-time use. We are currently living in a 2001 30′ Excella with its original construction intact. A few damaged panels were replaced and some appliances were replaced by high quality new tech, but our rig has sustained 23 years of heavy use. We are pleased with the quality and endurance of our home.

Comparatively, consumer confidence in the construction industry has dropped to an all-time low as houses are being built shoddily with low-quality materials.

Travel trailers, RVs and manufactured homes have never been built better. Modular homes with their tight construction and superior insulation currently surpass (by far) the quality of site-built homes. Similarly, the conversation about whether travel trailers are built better, with more modern features and longevity than a site built home, is a grey area. Furthermore, most people simply cannot afford to buy a smart grid-independent site-built home, but many can well afford an RV outfitted with equivalent features.

So, yes, the “attraction of a minimalist standard of living” is widening – and it’s not entirely out of a love for a nature, but a love for a quality home while enjoying a simpler and more resilient lifestyle.

Always great to hear from you, Boxite!

Keep on shining!

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:50 AM   #25
Rivet Master
 
CBWELL's Avatar
 
1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,281
Living in the trailer, and travelling in the trailer for extended periods of time are two very differnt thing lifestyles for us. We pulled our 34' to Yuma twice, first time for 3 months and second time for 4 1/2 months. The wife still works remote part time, we travel with Molly (the cat), and spent the winter in a private lot the first year and a RV park the second year. The first year was ok, with wife's computer set up and left on one side of the front table, and eating outside or on the dinette. The second year, after 3 months in the RV park, things were getting "tight" for space. It was then that we decided that it was time for more room. We ended up with a 40' fifth wheel that has 4 slides and that gave us a lot more room. For us it was a good move, as now the wife has a dedicated work station that she can have both computer screens up and everything can be left in place. It is much easier to watch a TV show now, as there are far better seating arangements and far more comfortable seats in the fifth wheel. For us it was a great move, and now we enjoy our 5 months in Yuma.

We travel for a month or so at one time in the Airstream, and that is great, as we only stay in one location for a few days and then are on the move. With more things to do at new locations we are outside a lot more and don't get the cooped up feelings we did when staying in one place. I miss my shop and tools, and working in the yard, when we are at the RV park in Yuma. Everything depends on your lifestyle. I love working on things and having my woodworking and mechanical tools to pass the time. The wife misses her sewing room and room for other crafts when staying in one location for months at a time.

Could we live in the Airstream full time? Never, at this point in our lives!
Could we live for a month or so on the road? When do we leave!!

It all depends on your lifestyle, and what you want. Everyone is different, so get out and do what you enjoy, live every day to it's fullest, and make memories!
__________________
ACI #7394
2012 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Denali
1994 Excella 34'
1987 Limited 34', 1976 31', 1976 Argosy 22' Gone to new homes
Hensley Hitch
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:07 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
We’re happy with our 30′

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
We've upped the minimum size to 30', as we've decided that the 28' would be too small. Yes, it might work, and it certainly would force us to not carry so much stuff, but overall, it probably is too small.


There are quite a few people here at The Ranch who have a 5'er permanently parked on their lots and travel with a smaller travel trailer or MH of some sort. We've actually talked about that for the future. Hmmm, maybe we should go for a 34' now, then have it as the permanently-parked trailer and travel in a 28' one. Actually, one of the neighbors did almost exactly that. He owns a 34' that they traveled with one year, then parked it on their lot and bought a 25' to travel in. His wife died a few years ago and he is still traveling in the 25'. The 34' has been passed on to a family member.
Hey David!

I don’t want to interfere, but maybe you’re overthinking it.

We’re happy with our 30′. We feel it has everything we need. If we had another Airstream – and we may, someday – it would mostly serve be as a stationary quest house and extra refrigeration and storage.

For us, a 5th wheel would be a solution in one regard: staying in a Motorcoach Resort that does not allow travel-trailers. There are a couple of spectacular resorts like that in SoCal which we’d love to visit, but alas, no motor coach – but they do allow 5th Wheels. Go figure.

Our objection to a 5th Wheel is they are too big to clean by ourselves. We enjoy cleaning every inch of our Airstream. We make it a 3-half-day event (with beer and music) 3 or 4 times a year. One day we clean the roof, Day 2 we clean the aluminum, Day 3 we polish and detail. 5th Wheels are big trailers. We don’t want to buy a bigger ladder, or clean and maintain it, or pay someone to do it. To me, it’s not worth sacrificing a day out kayaking or hiking. It takes 15 minutes to clean Beauty’s interior and I’m outta there! Life is too short to spend it cleaning.

Try the 30′ first. Park it in spacious campgrounds. Make the most of your tanks so you can enjoy minimal hook-ups. So many Airstreamers don’t value the power of that gritty underbelly.

Think: “It’s Enough” and see if that works. If it does work you will be lighter, freer, richer and have more time for outdoor fun.

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:40 PM   #27
Rivet Master
 
2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBeaubeaux View Post
Hey Boxite! …..
….

BTW: Love your name! Bauxite is the principal ore of aluminum! And rubies – the precious gemstone – is related to aluminum 🤓

Thanks so much for being with us, Bauxite. Please visit often.

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
Yep….I wanted to use “Bauxite”…but it was already taken…so I selected a homophone…. another compromise we make in life.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 07:58 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
Thanks for sharing your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBWELL View Post
Living in the trailer, and travelling in the trailer for extended periods of time are two very differnt thing lifestyles for us. We pulled our 34' to Yuma twice, first time for 3 months and second time for 4 1/2 months. The wife still works remote part time, we travel with Molly (the cat), and spent the winter in a private lot the first year and a RV park the second year. The first year was ok, with wife's computer set up and left on one side of the front table, and eating outside or on the dinette. The second year, after 3 months in the RV park, things were getting "tight" for space. It was then that we decided that it was time for more room. We ended up with a 40' fifth wheel that has 4 slides and that gave us a lot more room. For us it was a good move, as now the wife has a dedicated work station that she can have both computer screens up and everything can be left in place. It is much easier to watch a TV show now, as there are far better seating arangements and far more comfortable seats in the fifth wheel. For us it was a great move, and now we enjoy our 5 months in Yuma.

We travel for a month or so at one time in the Airstream, and that is great, as we only stay in one location for a few days and then are on the move. With more things to do at new locations we are outside a lot more and don't get the cooped up feelings we did when staying in one place. I miss my shop and tools, and working in the yard, when we are at the RV park in Yuma. Everything depends on your lifestyle. I love working on things and having my woodworking and mechanical tools to pass the time. The wife misses her sewing room and room for other crafts when staying in one location for months at a time.

Could we live in the Airstream full time? Never, at this point in our lives!
Could we live for a month or so on the road? When do we leave!!

It all depends on your lifestyle, and what you want. Everyone is different, so get out and do what you enjoy, live every day to its fullest, and make memories!
Hey CB Well!

Thanks for sharing your experience with long-term RV travel. Yes, there are many ways to go about it. Each to his own.

I gather you are seasonal travelers. Yuma is one of our favorite destinations. When he was a youngster in San Diego, my husband spent many weekends there riding dune buggies. Our favorite Yuma camp is on Arizona Trust land near the fishing town of Martinez Lake. We dry camped there for months during Covid. That Colorado River bend is some of the best paddling in the west and views of the Gila Mountain draws campers and sport enthusiasts from Canada and the northern states.

Our need for space is not about the inside, it’s about exterior space because that’s where we spend our time. Dry camping in spacious surroundings maximizes our experience and the Airstream enables us to access undeveloped and minimally developed areas where we can make a spacious camp away from traffic, noise and congestion.

When we want to stay in a developed site, we usually choose campgrounds that have minimal hook-ups. Currently, we are spending two weeks in a lush and pristine Texas State Park. The sites are clean, the streets are newly paved, and each site boasts a wide concrete pad, water, electricity, and a patio with an awning. The sites are all so spacious they could each support a small ranch or at least a corral. We have the campground almost entirely to ourselves. Even on weekends this beautiful park is only about ¼ occupied.

Q: Why would a gorgeous Texas campground with large private sites brimming with wildlife, on a recreational lake, be almost empty in Springtime?

A: No sewer on-site.

🙄

We are baffled by RVers who complain they can’t get reservations or find quiet campgrounds. The only thing between many RVers and that exquisite camping experience they’ve always dreamt of is learning to embrace their black and grey tanks.

Go forth, CB!

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:25 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar
 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBeaubeaux View Post
Hey CB Well!

Thanks for sharing your experience with long-term RV travel. Yes, there are many ways to go about it. Each to his own.

I gather you are seasonal travelers. Yuma is one of our favorite destinations. When he was a youngster in San Diego, my husband spent many weekends there riding dune buggies. Our favorite Yuma camp is on Arizona Trust land near the fishing town of Martinez Lake. We dry camped there for months during Covid. That Colorado River bend is some of the best paddling in the west and views of the Gila Mountain draws campers and sport enthusiasts from Canada and the northern states.

Our need for space is not about the inside, it’s about exterior space because that’s where we spend our time. Dry camping in spacious surroundings maximizes our experience and the Airstream enables us to access undeveloped and minimally developed areas where we can make a spacious camp away from traffic, noise and congestion.

When we want to stay in a developed site, we usually choose campgrounds that have minimal hook-ups. Currently, we are spending two weeks in a lush and pristine Texas State Park. The sites are clean, the streets are newly paved, and each site boasts a wide concrete pad, water, electricity, and a patio with an awning. The sites are all so spacious they could each support a small ranch or at least a corral. We have the campground almost entirely to ourselves. Even on weekends this beautiful park is only about ¼ occupied.

Q: Why would a gorgeous Texas campground with large private sites brimming with wildlife, on a recreational lake, be almost empty in Springtime?

A: No sewer on-site.

��

We are baffled by RVers who complain they can’t get reservations or find quiet campgrounds. The only thing between many RVers and that exquisite camping experience they’ve always dreamt of is learning to embrace their black and grey tanks.

Go forth, CB!

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
Well Carmen, if you would "share" that location, you might....just might, attract some of us to your oasis! When you say no sewer, are you saying its like dry camping (boondocking)? Do they have a dump station? When we use to go to Borrego Springs, we could go 10 days before we had to get into town to dump. It's nice if they have a porta potty or bathroom facilities, even without electric or water. But a dump station at minimum, makes life a bit easier when boondocking. Many National and State parks are boondock sites, but still have toilet facilities and dump stations...but I digress..."where are you"?

Just to confirm our last 5 days with the Texas/Oklahoma Airstream Region 9 Rally in Bandera TX, we met with several folks who have been full timing it for many years...really gets you thinking, taking in your comments about your living experiences. We had 134 Airstreams there, and I will say, it's a great "education" at these rally's meeting all sorts of folks with different lifestyles, enjoying their Airstreams...it's a "hike" from Oaklahoma for sure to Bandera! We met an Airstreamer in his 80's, driving an Airstream Motor Home; said he had been an Airstream Club member for 57 years, and has put over 837,000 miles on his AS trailers and MH's over the years! These Texans are pretty tough folks!
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 03:46 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
Lake Arrowhead State Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Well Carmen, if you would "share" that location, you might....just might, attract some of us to your oasis! When you say no sewer, are you saying its like dry camping (boondocking)? Do they have a dump station? When we use to go to Borrego Springs, we could go 10 days before we had to get into town to dump. It's nice if they have a porta potty or bathroom facilities, even without electric or water. But a dump station at minimum, makes life a bit easier when boondocking. Many National and State parks are boondock sites, but still have toilet facilities and dump stations...but I digress..."where are you"?

Just to confirm our last 5 days with the Texas/Oklahoma Airstream Region 9 Rally in Bandera TX, we met with several folks who have been full timing it for many years...really gets you thinking, taking in your comments about your living experiences. We had 134 Airstreams there, and I will say, it's a great "education" at these rally's meeting all sorts of folks with different lifestyles, enjoying their Airstreams...it's a "hike" from Oaklahoma for sure to Bandera! We met an Airstreamer in his 80's, driving an Airstream Motor Home; said he had been an Airstream Club member for 57 years, and has put over 837,000 miles on his AS trailers and MH's over the years! These Texans are pretty tough folks!
Gypsies on the Road,

The name of the campground is Lake Arrowhead State Park near Wichita Falls, Texas.



The RV sites have water and electricity, but no sewer. There is a dump station in the campground.

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:16 AM   #31
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar
 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBeaubeaux View Post
Gypsies on the Road,

The name of the campground is Lake Arrowhead State Park near Wichita Falls, Texas.



The RV sites have water and electricity, but no sewer. There is a dump station in the campground.

Carmen@LIB
Thanks; Now I understand; pretty desolate out there, as I recall, but this time of year likely not hot yet! Town not far away. For us, 275 miles away, so unfortunately, not a good timing for us. We are heading to Dallas end of next week and just got back from Bandera...the Bandera Rally would have been a great one for you to attend! 134 Airstreams from TX and OK Region 9.

These rally's around the country typically have open arms for Airstreamers even if you don't life in the area or belong to their club. Not sure if you have attended any? We have gone to the one in NC, Alumalina, 4 times and will attend again this year after International. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 01:33 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , So far we've visited 49 states
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 226
Blog Entries: 72
Miraculous Springtime in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Thanks; Now I understand; pretty desolate out there, as I recall, but this time of year likely not hot yet! Town not far away. For us, 275 miles away, so unfortunately, not a good timing for us. We are heading to Dallas end of next week and just got back from Bandera...the Bandera Rally would have been a great one for you to attend! 134 Airstreams from TX and OK Region 9.

These rally's around the country typically have open arms for Airstreamers even if you don't life in the area or belong to their club. Not sure if you have attended any? We have gone to the one in NC, Alumalina, 4 times and will attend again this year after International. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Gypsies on the Road,

We’re here because of the campground – to appreciate its idealistic design which we feel should be under protection. It’s design is based on the principal of “spatial enclosure” a concept which is being deconstructed to save money and accommodate more campers at the expense of privacy. I plan to blog more about this campground design which features small loops of 6 spacious sites surrounded by a generous swath of open space of natural growth to create the illusion of being isolated in the wilderness (in this particular case, a meadow). Spatial Isolation Campground Design offers each camper a natural tableau where most of their sightlines are unobstructed. Even the views across the loop of other camps gives the impression of campers in a wilderness setting. This is campground Fung Shui at its finest. It’s an old concept that is rapidly dying off. This is one of the most beautiful campgrounds we have ever had the pleasure of using.

Yes, we changed our plans and gave up four days in this campground to attend Airstream’s On The Square Rally at El Dorado, Arkansas. It was a last minute thing – and worth it to see Jim dressed in drag for the M*A*S*H Corporal Klinger contest and to hang out with our friends and make new friends. Fun time.

Now we are back on schedule with kayaking, hiking and grabbing the last few days of this volatile but miraculous Springtime in Texas.

Safe & Happy Travels!

Carmen@LIB
__________________
Carmen and Jim Beaubeaux
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
https://www.LivingInBeauty.net
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The TV antenna: to live or not live Jeremyk Audio, Video & TV 1 06-30-2019 05:33 PM
2011 Airstream 27FB Serenity LIKE NEW!!! S2011 Airstream 27FB Serenity LIKE NEW!!! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-29-2011 09:40 AM
2010 Airstream Flying Cloud LIKE NEW!!!!! S2010 Airstream Flying Cloud LIKE NEW!!!! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 11-11-2010 03:40 PM
2010 Airstream Flying Cloud LIKE NEW!!!!! S2010 Airstream Flying Cloud LIKE NEW!!!! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 11-04-2010 03:40 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.