Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Ashburn , Virginia
Not really a question but a couple months ago I told a cousin that we were taking the Airstream down to Florida.

I got off the phone and like 8 hours later everyone in my family was told that I was a pilot and now owned a plane. He told everyone that I was flying in an Airstream down to Florida!
98st8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:15 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
Beaumont , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
I supposed if Ford was still making some model Ts, and we were driving them around, we would get the same question.
In the height of camping season: so far we’ve travelled from Los Angeles to Dawson Creek and have seen only six Airstreams on the road and another seven in RV parks… yet a few hundred of every other make.

They are so rare out here that it would seem they are no longer built.
Ndcctrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndcctrucks View Post
In the height of camping season: so far we’ve travelled from Los Angeles to Dawson Creek and have seen only six Airstreams on the road and another seven in RV parks… yet a few hundred of every other make.

And yet Airstream is the only brand that I've heard of that has campgrounds that only allow that one brand. As in Airstream only campgrounds.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 03:47 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Port Townsend , Washington
That's kind of odd - on a trip from Port Townsend (WA) to Portland two weeks ago we saw/met 5 Airstreams and this week on a 200 mile trip in Washington another 4 (plus two in the state park). Seems there are "more than ever", though I know part of it is I am just more aware of them than I once was (before we had our very own!)
LBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 04:58 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndcctrucks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBelle View Post
That's kind of odd - on a trip from Port Townsend (WA) to Portland two weeks ago we saw/met 5 Airstreams and this week on a 200 mile trip in Washington another 4 (plus two in the state park). Seems there are "more than ever", though I know part of it is I am just more aware of them than I once was (before we had our very own!)
We just drove from near Detroit to southwestern Ohio, back to NW Ohio and all the way up to Traverse City via 23, 75 and 127 then across Michigan to Lake Huron near Alpena and then back to down near Detroit.

About 1250 miles, past and through dozens of RV parks and on major, midwestern interstates in prime RV territory.

Not one single Airstream to be seen in a park or on the road. Zero.

Thousands of SOB trailers to be seen everywhere, so not surprised by these comments. We have seen far more AS rigs on the west coast than in the midwest or back east.

As to the OP's question: "Did you have to add "electricity" to it?"
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:08 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Grass Lake , Michigan
They just keep coming:

Today, in an Idaho Walmart parking lot, a guy came up to me and asked, "Where can you buy one of those?".

After thinking hard on it for a minute, I said, "Maybe at an Airstream dealer?".

I must have a stamp on my forehead....
oldenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:01 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
aldinga beach , south australia
last month i got asked
did you build it?
baggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:11 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Can I use your bathroom?
A ten year old kid asked me if it was the bathroom.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote