Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #1
John the Basque

2016 30' International
Chaska , Minnesota
Water pump feature or flaw?

I have been experiencing an odd issue with my water pump on my 2016 Serenity. When the fresh water tank is over 90% full. The water pump's back flow valve fails when I connect to city water. Resulting in my fresh water tank over filling and water coming out the air pipe at the input for the fresh water tank. Initially thought dirt or debris fouling the valve. But if I lower tank level to 75% problem stops cold. If it was debris in valve or faulty valve it should persist regardless of water level in tank. This is repeatable and consistent. Thoughts?
johare22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by johare22 View Post
I have been experiencing an odd issue with my water pump on my 2016 Serenity. When the fresh water tank is over 90% full. The water pump's back flow valve fails when I connect to city water. Resulting in my fresh water tank over filling and water coming out the air pipe at the input for the fresh water tank. Initially thought dirt or debris fouling the valve. But if I lower tank level to 75% problem stops cold. If it was debris in valve or faulty valve it should persist regardless of water level in tank. This is repeatable and consistent. Thoughts?
Hi John,

Sorry to learn about the issue you're having with your 2016 Serenity. Can you shoot us a private message with your phone number, email and list six digits of your VIN so we can help? You can also call our Customer Service and Technical Support Team at*1 (877) 596-6111, option 2 for additional assistance.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
John the Basque

2016 30' International
Chaska , Minnesota
Sorry for the long delay I have an appointment in Jackson Center on the 24th. Just before our warranty expires in Nov this is one of several issues that need to be addressed and resolved.
johare22 is offline   Reply With Quote