Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2024, 10:14 AM   #1

1977 23' Safari
Boise , Idaho
Transporting an Airstream

Hello, does anyone know of a good reliable transporting business that can help me get my Airstream to Idaho from California? I really want to start working on the Safari. Thank you.
safari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
That will change depending on how you answer this question.
Can it be towed or does it need to be on a flatbed?
If it can be towed you could talk to an RV dealer to see who they use to tow their trailers the opposite direction to bring in new inventory.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 01:53 PM   #3

1977 23' Safari
Boise , Idaho
Transporting

Thank you for you quick reply. It would have to be a flatbed.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Here are a few threads about it.
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f34...ng-239744.html
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f34...ga-198723.html
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f31...ns-227254.html
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:58 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Belfair , Washington
I own and operate a vintage RV transporting / exporting business (Specializing mainly in Airstreams and Spartans) since I retired from the U.S. Marine Corps in 2011, and have profiles on a few major online shipping service sites with a 100% safety record. I'm based out of Western Washington. I have yet to encounter a trailer needing flatbed transport unless there's body/frame separation, or the axles are damaged or missing altogether. You'd be surprised just how durable vintage Airstreams are, provided the bearings are greased and not damaged. However, I could offer you safe and secure transport of your Airstream on my way back up through California the first week of May, or if you do prefer flatbed transporting only, I can refer you towards other options. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to assist!
SSTransportr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:20 PM   #6

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Kentfield , California
Hallo!ILast April I used the company below to transport my new-to-me trailer via tow from Eugene to the Bay area and found them exceptional! Reasonable. good luck!
B&B Transport951 446 7632Patricktd {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}
GraffitiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Belfair , Washington
https://www.uship.com/service-provid...logistics-intl
Old 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM   #8

1977 23' Safari
Boise , Idaho
Transporting Airstream

SSTransportr, thank you for your reply and advice. The trailer has been sitting for 20 years that's why I'm looking for a flatbed. Does your company have a phone number so I can get a quote? Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:53 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Belfair , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari1 View Post
SSTransportr, thank you for your reply and advice. The trailer has been sitting for 20 years that's why I'm looking for a flatbed. Does your company have a phone number so I can get a quote? Thanks again.
Hello! Thanks for your reply as well. I would not be able to offer flatbed transport of your Airstream as you prefer. I only transport towable trailers. Flatbed transporting RV trailers is quite expensive vs. pull behind and requires transport trailers specifically built for that task, so please keep that in mind when seeking quotes. However, on numerous occasions, I have successfully relocated vintage Airstreams and Spartans that haven't moved in decades over great distances. Well lubed hubs/bearings and a good set of tires is generally all that's needed, so long as the rest of the body is intact. If your dust caps on your hubs are there and intact, that's a good sign the hubs and axles are in serviceable condition for travel. My # is 661-860-8729 if you'd like a quote for transport. Thank you kindly!