Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
ROCHESTER , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTex
See my trip report from a couple of weeks ago, very similiar route and we had a blast;http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...tml#post425217
Oh, I read this thread! It is where I first read about Letchworth State Park and Robert Cross's post about the Adirondacks. This thread is what made my mind up that we were going to dedicate our 14 days to Upper State NY and I am so grateful for all the resources we have available because of this forum!
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
ROCHESTER , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by campadk
Hi Eddy,

Certainly if you're heading up into the Adirondacks you'll have to visit the Lake Placid area! Especially if you love lakes and mountains. It's gorgeous.
Also home to our own 'stomping grounds' which is Fish Creek Pond State Park. Can't be beat if you love to be camped lake side (319 of the 355 sites are on prime waterfront). See Fish Creek Pond State Park (DEC) - Adirondacks, NY - The Ultimate Guided Tour and Photo Journal which includes tons of photos and a campsite photo guide so you know exactly what you are getting.

The Adirondack museum in Blue Mountain is just an hour south (must see), and the brand new Wild Center in Tupper Lake is just 20 minutes south. Lake Placid is about 45 minutes to the east. Be sure to check out the Olympic complex, ski jump (they jump in the summer too! and of course Whiteface. Prime hiking to be had as well (mind you the White Mountains of NH are pretty fine too!). Take the boat tour on Lake Placid, its only $9 per adult if I'm not mistaken and is well worth it with the fantastic views on the lake. You'll see all the great camps and the tour guide will point out who owns what yada yada yada. This area (and Fish Creek) are great destinations too if you do go through Burlington into the Adirondacks to the west on your way towards the finger lakes (or vice versus).

Have a great trip!
Dave, this post is perfect timing. I was just looking into which one of the Adirondack sites fit our interests the best and Fish Creek Pond is sure to be it. Thank you for the link - this site is incredible. I love the details and the map of the available camping sites. I think the boat tour is in for us also - great price!

Thank you!
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
Have definitely put Fish Creek on our list, and now we've got to figure out how to bring the kayaks along!

Karma to you for the great website!

Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Let me know if you need anything else Eddy on that area. We spend close to a 1/4 of the year 'vacationing' in the Lake Placid, Saranac Lake region so we are pretty familiar with what is available.

If you do make it up there, let us know. We have a place in Lake Placid and will be camping at Fish Creek another 3 or 4 times this fall.

Cheers
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDandTTs
Have definitely put Fish Creek on our list, and now we've got to figure out how to bring the kayaks along!

Karma to you for the great website!
Definately bring a kayak BD! A ton of destinations by canoe/kayak right from your campsite.
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #26
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by campadk
Hi Eddy,

Certainly if you're heading up into the Adirondacks you'll have to visit the Lake Placid area! Especially if you love lakes and mountains. It's gorgeous.
Also home to our own 'stomping grounds' which is Fish Creek Pond State Park. Can't be beat if you love to be camped lake side (319 of the 355 sites are on prime waterfront). See Fish Creek Pond State Park (DEC) - Adirondacks, NY - The Ultimate Guided Tour and Photo Journal which includes tons of photos and a campsite photo guide so you know exactly what you are getting.
Wow...that is an amazing site. I can't believe someone took the time to put all that together-awesome! We'll be there next summer for sure.

Bill