Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tucson , AZ
The Next Exit

Do we have any users out there? https://thenextexit.com/ I am deciding whether to get the print version or digital. I was pretty decided on print but with the toll Covid has taken I imagine there will be a lot of changes that only the digital version will reflect.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
We have and use the printed version of The Next Exit. My wife, as navigator, prefers being able to pull the book out from under the seat rather than trying to get on line. Sometimes you want to get an answer quickly and connectivity issues prevent that from happening.

We usually get a new book every two or three years.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Eagle River , Alaska
We used the paper copy on a trip from WA to FL. We scanned the upcoming exits, identified the exits with services we needed (rest areas, food, gas) and wrote them on a white board. Make it so we could easily plan driving distances and minimize stops when we were getting food and gas.

The paper copy comes with access to the electronic - which is basically a website. Even having that available, we used the book much more.
WBCCI #02348 / AIR #163014
GMT-9
Shattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #4
Site Team

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I have an old copy somewhere, not sure where I put it. The PO of our AS gave it to us with some other books. My wife is not a navigator, not even a poor one. I'd have to stop and use either the book or the website.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 65 LMT. It has an "up ahead" feature that I find invaluable. As you travel, on the right side of the screen there is information for the next rest stop, ATM, restaurant or gas station (3 shown at a time). Select the gas or restaurant icon and it will tell you all the places and which side of the exit they're on. Select one of those and it will ask you if you want to add it to your route. Tap yes, select the order, tap Done and you're set. Don't want this exit? Scroll down the list, check the miles and find what you want further down the road. This lets you see your choices many miles (it varies) down the road.

Rest stops are the same way. It show you the distance to the next one but you can tap the icon and see the rest stops after that on your route.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin 65 LMT.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	400869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin 65 LMT Up Ahead Gas.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	400870  

2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote