Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2017, 02:45 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Sounds like a great trip, Don. I think you are familiar with moosetag's Lucy Has Escaped thread from last year, but here is the link again FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ed-152034.html

Lots of good info on Maine and the Canadian Maritime provinces, and routes to and from.

We went to Maine and PEI in the 90's and loved them, hoping to get back again some day.

Have a great trip!

Peter

PS -- The Canadian Maritimes have some great pockets of music from the old countries, which might work well on the OTRA music channels.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:50 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Although I have no interest in going to Canada, I hope you have a great trip, soak it all in.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Beachburg , Ontario
If you are coming towards Ottawa , we offer free overnight parking with power and water in a safe little town.
Any airstreamers are welcome
Old 02-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
When you do the Cabot trail go counter clockwise around the Island. That way you will always have sun. Park your trailer. Don't figure on towing it. It takes about 8 hours to do the trail with lots of stops for pics and poking around. All of Nova Scotia is spectacular. Research the touristy stuff first. We missed a lot because we didn't plan first. We were there for a Wedding so the sightseeing was somewhat secondary.
New Brunswick also has some great things to see beyond the mandatory Bay of Fundy low tide. and PEI is the one item on my bucket list we didn't get to do last time...still planning

JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
"We did Quebec City last trip. We want to do Ottawa this trip. We'll probably make a little detour to get up to Campellsford for a stop at one of our favorite bakeries. http://doohers.com/ It'll blow the diet for at least a year."

If visiting Ottawa, I recommend the Wesley Clover Parks Campground (formerly the Ottawa Municipal Campground); we've stayed there a few times. Easy access to Ottawa (although parking downtown can be a problem) and an excellent bicycle trail nearby leading downtown along the Ottawa River. I would try to reserve in Cluster 3 (see map of campground), last summer we stayed for a week in that cluster in Loop E, Site 1 and it was excellent notwithstanding some noise from the highway.

http://wesleycloverparks.com/campground/
http://wesleycloverparks.com/campground/map/
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Nobody said it yet but Canada takes a very dim view of shooting irons. Leave your guns at home. It is not worth the hassle.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Fergus , Ontario
When in Nova Scotia be sure to go to Louisbourg National Historic Site. http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ns/l...urg/index.aspx
On the way to Quebec you may want to take the ferry from Trois Pistoles to Tadoussac. There is a unique marine ecosystem where the Saguenay river flows into the St. Lawrence. You can RV up on a high ridge on the east side of Tadoussac http://bit.ly/2mPeiUJ Book a premium site closer to front ridge if you can afford it.
You can Kayak on the water or sit on the shore to see Beluga and Minke whales.
You may also like Old Quebec city and old Montreal. When in Ottawa, I'm sure your friends will suggest the Museum of Civilization (fantastic totem poles there). Have Fun!
curioscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
I live in Niagara on the Lake and work in Niagara Falls, it's a great area to visit but not a lot of RV parks so make reservations.

I know all the good local spots if you need suggestions for food or activities.

Unfortunately I don't have room to accommodate overnight parking
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote