Old 02-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
We have an FC25FB Twin. It has two overhead lockers across the front. We store most of our clothing in them in Eagle Creek Packing Cubes. These are zippered, fabric and screen, rectangular pouches of various sizes. We stand them on end like books on a shelf. They make for very efficient storage. I added key tags to mine to label the contents.

BillfromWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Eunice , Louisiana
Bread Box?

Try a bread box

https://www.amazon.com/Galashield-Br...550643&sr=8-46

fricassee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #23
Toaster Life

2008 23' International
Chicago , Arizona
We use recycled Costco detergent pod containers for "smalls" one for each type of small, his socks, his underwear, her socks etc these can fit upright or lying down and keep things segregated. We also use dollar store square "buckets" and baskets to keep things grouped together. Love the containers and foam cut out idea.
Toasterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Surry , Virginia
We also use packing cubes. Generally LL Bean. I have several sizes from shirts/pants to socks/underwear.
NukeSubSailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
San Diego , California
Check out Airstream Storage Ideas on Facebook. I’ve posted some pictures on it. You need to have containers to keep it all together ��
Cbuechele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
We each do what we like.

My husband usually brings his shirts on hangers and hangs in the closet. Then he has everything else (except shoes) in a a duffle bag and just shoves the whole thing up into the overhead. Or unpacks if longer than a weekend. Then stashes the bag in the locker or under the bed.

I am not as tall, and also don't like to hang my shirts.

I bring all my things in my duffle, and when I unpack I do this. I have a couple of small soft side baskets like below. They mush up ok to fit in the overhead. I put all undergarments into 1, and all socks and other accessories into 1. Our rig has a side locker and I use that for my extra stuff like this (since I'm not using the closet)

Then I stack bottoms (pants and shorts) in 1 stack and tops (shirts and sweatshirts) in another stack in my overhead locker. PJs rolled and put in there too. We keep shoes on the floor.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/sto...uctId=11007915

For other types of stuff we found that the bins that are designed for ice in a freezer are super for storage. We use these in the bathroom and in the table area for stuff like CDs and also for indoor tools,
https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
we use these metal expandable model to keep and separate our glasses and mugs. I added wood dowels so that the metal would not mark the ceramic mugs and reduce the clinging sound
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	for cups and glasses-metal.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	361028   Click image for larger version

Name:	for cups and glasses-wood.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	361029  

waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
AURORA , Colorado
Oh I LIKE this idea. We have some cubes already so definitely will try this next camping trip.
MattsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeSubSailr View Post
We also use packing cubes. Generally LL Bean. I have several sizes from shirts/pants to socks/underwear.
+1. Packing cubes are really perfect for clothes. Things don't get nearly as crushed and you can fit in 10 days of clothes with no problem. Just search for packing cubes in amazon. I fact the only things we hang up are coats. That means we could turn the hall closet in our FC25 into drawers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81jTdm3SfdL._UX679_.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	361031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4028.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	361032  

daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Glendale , California
Storage in the overhead compartments--how?

For any trip, I figure on a week’s worth of outer wear and a couple extra pair of underwear/socks. I use packing cubes, too. Pants in the big one, shirts(t-shirt style) in the next, underwear and socks in the smaller ones, you decide. Throw ‘em all in the overhead. Stuff is separated and you just pull from the packs as necessary.
MomcatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #31

2019 25' Globetrotter
Laporte , Pennsylvania
Organization nut

I found: really useful after watching every organizing video I could find.
(Best Bins for Organizing your Airstream: Five Essential Containers - Maximize Space & Stay Organized) is the title if the link doesn’t work right!
perfectcosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by banderabob View Post
Collapsible from IKEA,
Using the top of the bin! I love it. But--How do you keep stuff from falling out?
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
ers - very nice re-use of plastic lettuce holders. Best of all, they are super light so you're not adding weight to the trailer.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Everyone has such great ideas and it's interesting to see what "organized" looks like. After a couple of road trips, I think I nailed the organization of my upper kitchen cupboards and next time I'm at the trailer, I'll take photos. With clothing - I place all of it in the two compartments beneath the left front twin (I have a 25' FBT). I found bigger bins than the ones Airstream provided for those spaces and my 'rule' is that all day-to-day clothing must fit in one bin. The other bin holds my 'active wear' stuff i.e. hiking gear, poles, clothing, Camelbak, swimwear, boots, etc. In the mornings, I make the bed, then pull out the bin and set it on the bed, pick out what I need and put the bin back in place. I hang a few things in the closet like a pair of jeans, a sun dress, a couple of shirts, hats on top. All my clothing (except the jeans) are hand-washable in that wonderful big kitchen sink. I've found this to be enough for up to 4 months on the road with occasional stops at a laundromat for the jeans and towels.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
A very recent post on the International overhead side cabinet recommended Sterilite Icecube Holder Bins. 7250 white, and even had a link for a set of 6 on Amazon. I have experimented with half a dozen things that were just Meh, but ordered these and they are perfect. I can find all my Corelle without lifting anything, the cups don't fall over, etc. Now everything else stored looks like crap.

If you want to store really short stuff like spices, you can easily lift the whole bin.

Paula
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
perfectcosmo - thanks for the link to Journeyman showing us his clever collection of bins! The green containers he uses to store supplies in the bathroom cupboard are on my list. I like that they sit taller than what I have which enables one to use more upper space in that cupboard. I also like the use of the Sterlite containers that fit over the beds. However, I did not care for his idea to remove the big drawer under the dinette seat closest to door. I find that drawer to be very handy, especially when I'm setting up camp or need a squirt of silicon spray, a battery, etc. The see-through plastic bins that now reside where the drawer was, are not aesthetically pleasing (to me). A great link though and have bookmarked it for future reference.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Westmount , Quebec
Storage in the overhead compartments

A visit to the CONTAINER STORE will solve 99% of this challenge. They have perfectly sized stackable transparent plastic storage boxes that make it easy to load up at home and then install in your Airstream's cabinets. Same thing with their non-slip clothe hangers and a multitude of other handy items.
Daniel LOUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Tappahannock , Virginia
I have found this shelving from Lowes or Home Depot to be excellent utilization of space! Just cut to length and fit using two oak endcaps. Reliable, adjust to your own spacing, sturdy and effective... see https://www.facebook.com/10833304684...641654350/?d=n

2015 25’ Flying Cloud
2015 RAM 2500 Laramie Cummins
WBCCI # 2381
RivaHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #39

Currently Looking...
Fort Collins , Colorado
We put our clothes in packing cubes that are sold for packing a suitcase. I use a smaller one for underwear and socks and a larger one for shirts and pants. I hang dresses in the closet. My extra sweatshirt is just loose in my cabinet. I have plenty of room. I either keep dirty clothes in the opposite side of the packing cube (ours have 2 compartments) or in the hamper at the foot of our bed.
2018 20’ FB FC
AbbyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:22 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Vonore , Tennessee
Cardboard boxes

I’ve found shallow cardboard boxes with tops cut off work well. Biggest on bottom, one slightly.smaller on top of that and another on top of that if desired. Then, should I want t-shirts for example, I know where to look. I do this for underwear in the under bed drawers too. Keeps things contained. And when they get worn they are easily replaced.

Laurai is offline   Reply With Quote