Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Menifee , California
Shopping online for a new generator/inverter

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with: honda2000generator.com? It states they are located in Washington, will include the shipping at no additional cost, and the prices on the eu2200i are very competitive. I'm looking for some reviews on them and can't find any, anywhere. Just being cautious...Thanks
Reeltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
No I haven't. When I bought one a couple of years ago I found my local ACE hardware (he is a Honda Power Equipment Dealer - I don't know if they all are) was matching internet pricing. It was nice buying local in case I had any problems (I haven't and BTW I am Mr. shop it to death internet purchaser LOL).

Looking at the site it almost seems "too good to be true" which means in my experience it likely is. If you go with them, please post back and let us know how it worked out. Seems like $999 is the typical low price from most "well known" discount sellers. That is what I paid for mine at ACE. I think Honda might ratchet down on dealers as to the discounts they can offer.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how you made out.
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries

KC3MAP

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeltimer View Post
Has anyone heard of or had any experience with: honda2000generator.com? It states they are located in Washington, will include the shipping at no additional cost, and the prices on the eu2200i are very competitive. I'm looking for some reviews on them and can't find any, anywhere. Just being cautious...Thanks

Many use the Honda 2000 w/ the 2000 companion. They are a quality generator!

The 2200 is new and sone are saying big enough for a single A/C unit no problem.

We went w/ a Yamaha 3000 inverter because it had the wheels already and specs similar to Honda.

These two I just mentioned seem to lead the pack w/ performance and noise reduction. You can’t go wrong. Just make sure it is big enough to power what you want.

Hope this helps.
Better to live one day a lion than a lifetime a sheep. Camp hard, camp often
DBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Boise , Idaho
TL;DR . Stay away from that seller

Doesn't check out. I plugged in the address into Google Maps and found a house. From that address I found some other info on portablegenerators.com, etc ultimately getting to the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...and-complaints

-Adam
afk314 is offline   Reply With Quote