Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Prescott, AZ , Arizona
S. Oregon Coast RV park walking distance to beach & town

Spending a month on coast would like to stay a week or so at a couple
Of parks. Walking distant to beach and town. Full hook ups.
Coos bay to CA coast.
Thanks
Gunther14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Harris Beach State Park, just outside Brookings, OR, *might* do the job. I'm sure it's within bicycle distance, if not walking distance. In general, Oregon State Parks are nice places to camp - nicer than most RV parks you'll find, though perhaps not as conveniently located.

Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department: Harris Beach State Park

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Red face Also plan coastal trip!

I brought my new Bambino home Tuesday, and plan a month long trip to Oregon, Washington, Northern California coast, so, I'm also interested in full hook up sites near coastal towns, beach, fishing boat wharves, (want to buy fresh seafood for din-din)! I plan to visit Grand Tetons and Glacier NP (east and west sides), prior to going to the coast. Any RV parks locations and cost will be greatly appreciate any recommendations any of you may have. I will also like to know Rv parks TO AVOID!!!

Thanks in advance for help from those of you who have already been there, done that! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Oh, Gunther14, hope you don't mind me "catching a ride" on your post. When are you going? Being a newby, I'd like to run into an occasional kindred spirit. I bring wine for guests! ���� Evelyn.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Prescott, AZ , Arizona
Should be in the area end of June first of July.
We travel with a black blockhead lab puppy will be about a year by then so if you see A retired looking couple with lab come say hi.
No dates we travel and stop along way if something interesting comes up.
Would love the state parks but assume they are very hard to get into
A week out or so. So looking for other parks too.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Gunther14, I'll keep my 'eyes peeled' for you guys or any other streamers while traveling! I'll be a little 'ol white haired lady with 2015 Bambino 16 Sport, towed by blue 2015 Pathfinder, accompanied by a feisty little Pomeranian! Hope to run into you on the road or in an RV park.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Oakhurst , California
RV Park

Winchester Bay just north of Coos Bay. It as everything you described your looking for.
fmbortugno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Gunther- may be a little further north than you want to go but Sea and Sand Resort just north of Depoe Bay. Cannon Beach RV resort is about a half mile walk to the beach.
Colorado-My Wife and I have decided that if there was one place left in the world to camp at it would be Coulter Bay CG in Grand Tetons. Full hookups in a NP are hard to come by and these have that plus nice spacious spots. Yellowstone is a different story. we don't care for Fishing Bridge and would only stay there one night to dump tanks and refill fresh water. We stayed at Glacier last summer/fall. In East Glacier spots are hard to come by at the NP campground. Stayed at the KOA in East Glacier. Nice place but really expensive. there is another place nearby but we didn't care for it enough to stay there again. In West Glacier, some friends of our stayed at the KOA and loved it. We stayed at Apgar CG (spot B96) and I loved it. (Wife would have loved it more but no hookups). If you come down hwy1 in Washington, you may want to try Kallaloch CG. There is an article in a past Sunset magazine that talks about it you might want to read. Your Montana trip is one our favorite areas to explore.
Have fun!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
Rivet Master

John and Lisa, thanks for the info! I am so looking forward to one of my major 'bucket list trips'! I must admit, I'm a bit nervous to be tackling this solo, but, I've waited much too long, and now this seems the only way, so, I'll dig deep, gulp, and go for it! I hope prayer will help! One 'BL' trip I'll never make is to Alaska, but, at least, if I can do this, I'll be satisfied and joyful! Hope to see some of you on the road or in an RV PARK. IF YOU SEE A '15 blue Pathfinder towing a BAMBI 16 Sport, a lil' 'ol white haired lady, a feisty little Pomeranian, stop and say hi! I was born in the south, so, hospitality is inborn! HAPPY TRAILS YA'LL!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #10

1974 23' Safari
Roseburg , Oregon
I wouldn't classify it South Oregon Coast, but Devil's Lake State Park in Lincoln City has full hookups and is walking distance to town. Well part of it anyway as it's stretched out pretty far along Highway 101. Have fun!
JenOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Prescott, AZ , Arizona
THANKS Everyone for all the info. Travel safe
Old 06-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Brookings Oregon has a large campground right on the beach. The walking distance to the beach is about 50 feet if you are on the front row. Full hookups.
Bill M. is online now   Reply With Quote