Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
_ , North Carolina
I haven't stayed overnight at rest stops, but if I'm exhausted and can't drive anymore I'll risk getting a ticket for safety. Speaking of safety, I never leave my weapon in the truck if I go into the airstream. I've been carrying concealed for almost ten years and during that time I've had my weapon out 3 times when I was attempted to be carjacked twice and robbed once. Thankfully I never had to use my weapon, but all the places I almost had to use my weapon were nice areas/ good gas stations.

Granted I have more experience using weapons than most people thanks to 7 months of patrolling and firefights in Afghanistan, but if you carry then you need to practice and realize how to use it just in case you have to use your weapon in self defense. It's more of a mindset then anything. You have to be proficient in both weapon skills and the fact that you may have to take a life to protect yours or others. It's easy to use a weapon, it's harder after the fact to deal with what you had to do.
FLMarine is offline   Reply With Quote