Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
virginia beach , Virginia
ready to roll

new member here. just purchased a 1979 Tradewind 25' and preparing to hit the road next week for a short trip with the family.
anyone have a camping checklist that they use and recommend?
we are really tickled to have this awesome airstream. it needs a polish but it is road ready.
YEEHAW!!
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
welcome

I don't have check list..but try the search function and I am sure something will pop up. Congratulations on your new adventure.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantz
new member here. just purchased a 1979 Tradewind 25' and preparing to hit the road next week for a short trip with the family.
anyone have a camping checklist that they use and recommend?
we are really tickled to have this awesome airstream. it needs a polish but it is road ready.
YEEHAW!!
Ain't it a great feelin'. Enjoy! Since each Airstream has it's own personality, I would suggest creating your own checklist as you go. What applies to one type of AS may not necessarily apply to another. For instance, if you don't have a TV antenna, you wouldn't need it on your checklist to remind you to put it down.
TinShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
1978 31' Sovereign
Mansfield , Georgia
My wife and I are new to TT camping and we are recent empty nestors. We purchased our first Airstream this Spring and found many suggested lists for camping essentials on the web.

After several camping trips my wife listed all of the many things we had forgot to bring and she developed her own "checklist".

My checklist is much shorter than hers. Two different bottles of chilled wine, a french baggett, a nice cheese selection, green olives, black olives, and soft music.

I make sure I pack everything on my list.

Everything on her list is available at the nearest Wal-mart.
KeithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums and to your new adventure!

Everyone forgets something... and brings more than they will ever use! Each time we go camping as I pack for the next trip, I take out stuff I haven't used... makes the Airstream a bit roomier and lighter!

Some folks pack everything and take it out each time, or seasonally... depends on where you live. Out here in California I only remove stuff that might freeze in the winter [liquids] and the rest of the trailer is usually stocked ready to go ~ one trip to the market, check the closet for seasonal jackets and we are ready to roll! Also depends if you cook in your trailer or eat out a lot....

Give it a try, if you need something KeithC is right, there is always a Wal-mart somewhere closer than you think!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Yes, the Airstreams are fantastic. My huntng buddy influenced my decision when he found a 21' 1968 Safari for $1,500. I was impresssed with how strong and well built these TT's are. I looked at many campers before purchasing the airstream. The other campers, many were not AS, were newer but felt really cheesy and most had some sort of window leak or bottom liner issues. I found our AS on Craigslist. The wife was not immediately impressed when she entered the AS but the more she looked at it and looked through every drawer, nook anad cranny the AS started to suck her in. We are really pleased with our purchase. So far the only things we need to check are the furnance and get a new fridge.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We have a notepad that we keep in the trailer. We keep a list of things that we need to get for the trailer. If we run low on something it goes on the list. We take care of the items on the list before we put the trailer away at the end of each trip. It works well for us.

You said that you need a new refrigerator. They are very pricey. Maybe you could get it working again with the help of the forums and save alot of money. What seems to be the problem with the fridge?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
the PO said it needed repair and he stated he attempted to fix it but couldn't get it to work so he threw it out and replaced with an electric only.
I will take out the electric one and put it to good use in my garage but will be picking up refridge that runs on propane and electric.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Look for refrigerators in the search feature. Somewhere you will find reference to Palamino Supply or something like that. They have excellent prices for RV appliances. Someone on here will probably be able to direct you to them if you ask.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote