Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
San Francisco , California
Parking in Los Angeles?

I've almost finished my Sovereign renovation and it's time to take her on a maiden voyage from Florida to California. I still haven't installed a new hot water heater, though, so she's less-than-livable.

The timing is such that I'll have the Airstream in tow at the same time I'm spending ~10 days in LA for a conference. I was hoping to just park the AS on the street, but it looks like regulations might be strict-- I'm not even going to try parking anywhere near Venice.

I'm planning to stay with a friend close to downtown. Should I just commit myself to dropping the poor AS off at a park or campsite on the outskirts of the city, or does anyone know of any magical spots (no hookups needed) where she would be safe and I wouldn't have to pay $50/night?

Thanks in advance!
whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Encino , California
So, when the economy tanked and people started to lose their home's, family's took to RV living on the streets. LA along with local city ordinance were past to stop the practice.

You can park in the valley in the suburbia hills for 72 hour with out ticket issue. Tongue lock suggested.
Land Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
This is where I would stay!!! Your friend near downtown could stay with you!

Malibu Beach RV Park | RV Campground | Malibu | California
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
San Francisco , California
Thanks! I think I'm gonna keep it at Buckhorn campground since I don't need hookups. It's a half hour outside of the city but beats having to keep finding parking for a 31' alumibeast.

Edit: Or... not. The ReserveAmerica page I was eyeing was for a spot near Mendocino! Rats.
whitney is offline   Reply With Quote